Polish Question??????

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Critter Crazy, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Okay my Buff Laced Polish are 3 weeks old today, I have noticed that one has not gotten a nice big Poof on its head yet. The other one looks like it should, like its having abad hair day [​IMG] Now these are straight run chicks, could one be a male Vs a female, or are they just growing at different rates??? I wouldnt mind a polish rooster. Just curious Realy.

here are the pics of my two babies!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  2. greysandy

greysandy Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2008
    Anaheim, CA
    Not that I claim to be any expert since my first ever chicks are 2 weeks old and 4 weeks old, but I have 3 polish in my group. 2 are supposed to be pullets and the other is the free rare chick, so I assume he's a he. The buff laced polish is the he, the white crested black polish and silver laced polish should be she's. My boy has much more feather development on his head and body (2 1/2 weeks old) than the females.

You can see mine a bit in the background on my recent post:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=43057

Sandy

3. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Looks like a boy and a girl to me, but its been 20 years since I've had polish chicks.

4. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Hmmmm.....Very interesting! Lol!!! I guess the one with with the big poof, can keep the name the kids gave him! Afro Man! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    The males crest will grow spikey and punkish. The female's crest with come in more rounded like a powder puff.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by