Polish roo or hen??

Redrock

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 13, 2014
I'm new to chickens and have fallen in love with the Polish breed. I have recently acquired two. From two different sellers.

The first one (red one) I bought as a pullet/hen, supposed to be about 8 months old. After doing more research, I'm thinking rooster?

This next one I bought as a young rooster, approximately 6 - 7 months of age. I'm thinking hen on this one? What are other opinions as to sex? I don't know why these next two pictures are sideways. They are upright in my pictures on my computer and I don't see a way to rotate them on here.

Yes I think your right. The red one a roo and the black a pullet. I have polish too and love them they are super little birds. Have 25 at the minute although 10 are chicks only hatched in last couple of days. All of various colours and some frizzle ones. Good luck with your two maybe you could hatch some eggs when they are a little older?

Here is another picture of the white crested one. It's currently indoors and I'm having a hard time getting a decent picture! And another sideways picture. :( This chicken virtually has no wattles and no comb either.

I'm really looking forward to hatching some Polish in the future. Once I determine for sure what I have here, I will be in the market for a few more.

Here is another picture of the white crested one. It's currently indoors and I'm having a hard time getting a decent picture! And another sideways picture. :( This chicken virtually has no wattles and no comb either.
Thanks for posting the better pic. It's a bit of a strain to look at it sideways, but she looks like pullet. You can breed the two of them and get some Polish chicks. :eek:)

Thank you so much for your responses. I have thought the same thing. So, I guess some name changes are in order.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom