POLISH THREAD Talk about your Polish and post pics of your Polish

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sympathies are with you.
hugs.gif
It is so sad to loose anything especially baby birds. I do not know anything about this. Have you posted on the emergency and illness thread ?

Quote:

91666_2011-06-11_155658.jpg

91666_2011-06-11_155642.jpg

91666_2011-06-11_155800.jpg

91666_2011-06-11_155825.jpg

my two polish chicks
any idea if theyre pullets or roos?

Last edited:
Deeps, too cute for words!!!!

Flower I did post over there when the first 2 died, no one knew why.

So out of 10 hatched here, 2 died from the gasping/paralysis , one has it now, and one had a case of coccidiosis. Anyone think this is an immune system problem?

Quote:
Hi Sem,
I am having a similar issue here, started with my tolbunt but it has moved on to other breeds. After researching I am coming up with Mareks, are yours vaccinated? I am calling around tomorrow to see if I can get one of the lame ones tested to get a positive diagnosis...they limp, act drunk, then can't walk
sad.png
some have died and the ones that haven't yet have "issues" but still can't walk right..

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi Sem,
I am having a similar issue here, started with my tolbunt but it has moved on to other breeds. After researching I am coming up with Mareks, are yours vaccinated? I am calling around tomorrow to see if I can get one of the lame ones tested to get a positive diagnosis...they limp, act drunk, then can't walk
sad.png
some have died and the ones that haven't yet have "issues" but still can't walk right..

Krista, I've been thinking about Marek's too. But all my chickens have been hatched here at home, can they have it from the hen?
Mine also does this gasp every few seconds aside from breathing.

Quote:
Krista, I hatched 10 chicks 10 weeks ago, eggs gotten thru the mail. There has been no new birds or any birds not hatched on the property.
If mine have Marek's , I don't know how they could get it.
So far with alot of reading, I've come up with Aspergillosis.

The roo right now is alert and reactive, has the gasp, and the drunken stumbling/paralysis.

He's the 3rd one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom