POLISH THREAD Talk about your Polish and post pics of your Polish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone on here somewhat near to Collegeville, PA? I have a white crested blue Polish roo (about 3 mos.) who needs to find a new home. Out of my order of nine chicks, SIX of them are roos! I certainly don't need six roosters!

Thanks.

Another question Can some one tell me at what age does a tail start to turn upward. If they all do that is ? I have asix week old WCB Bantam pullet who has very nice feathering especially the crest. But her tail goes straight back ?

Flower, give her some time. Tail set takes awhile to judge. Let her get at least 4 months old, 6 or 7 would be better, especially if she has an awesome crest.

This is PumPum Growing up and hiding between my legs, so the BIGGurls don't get her!!!
66894_img_0248.jpg

I love me some little Polish Chicks!!! Soon she will have a house(not a coop) of her own and with a few female friends!!!!

I have one of my hens who has decided to go broody. What kind of results have you had with broody Polish? I had always heard that Polish didn't go broody or that they wouldn't stay broody. She is only sitting on one egg right now. I thought I could put some more under her but not sure what to expect.

This little one has me confused as heck. Pretty certain the color is chocolate (Ive never hatched a chocolate before maybe it's khaki?), and the crest screams girl, but it's little wattles are making me wonder?
38307_img_0464.jpg

38307_img_0465.jpg

38307_img_0468.jpg

Quote:
She's beautiful....I think I may have a chocolate too! You know, my white crested buff laced girl had some heavy duty spurs on her so I don't think the wattles shouldn't be to worrisome....the crest sure looks like a girl to me....but I'm new.
idunno.gif

Well I spent the morning chasing a 9 week old golden laced polish cockerel that we're taking back to the breeder we got him from to trade him in for a pullet.
somad.gif
I usually sit by the chick pen door to let the chicks out some so they can be in the grass, yet are still blocked from getting out by me. So...... today when I did this the polish cockerel got scared and ran in between my legs. What followed was me chasing a chick around like an idiot, stalking him, trying to "pounce" on him when he hid in a thicket, and generally killing myself trying to catch him. I finally got him to run into a dog crate and then turn it over and catch him, but I was about ready to kill the little monster.
barnie.gif
We had bought him from a breeder who said if it turned out to be a boy then we could bring him back and exchange for a girl, so I hadn't put any time into getting him used to me or trimming his crest so that he wouldn't be as nervous. I can not wait to send him back.
smack.gif
While I was chasing him he almost ran into the dog pen, and let me just say I would have almost enjoyed watching him get ripped apart.
pop.gif
Oh well, when I trade him in for a pullet or two she is going to get handled a lot so that this doesn't happen again.
roll.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom