Polish Thread!

They're beautiful! And you have one named Mushroom! That's awesome, because I have a Polish hen named Mushroom Cloud! My other Polish hen is Dandelion, the roo is Spike, and their chick (about a year old now) is Chiclet.

My other half bought them for me a few years ago at a livestock auction in south Georgia. He remembered hearing me talking about wanting Polish chickens but he didn't know what they were (he just knew from me that they had fluffy crests) so he asked around until he found some. I got them for Valentine's Day. No diamonds, no chocolate, no flowers, just 2 hens, a rooster and a copy of the USDA poultry calendar (all about bird flu, how romantic!).
:lau I hope you love your Mushroom as much as I love mine!

I’m thinking male... I had mine and he had a girly crest forever them I left for a week and came back with a pullet he still didn’t have saddle feathers but his crest got pointy kinda like that ones... I’m sorry if it is a rooster are you still going to keep him?
Ye i’ll keep it anyway and if its a roo i’ll look for a pullet and mebe breed them

I love mine. When I was a kid I was in the 4H horse club but I wanted chickens. At the fair in August I spent all my time in the poultry tent and was obsessed with the Polish chickens. But my mom said absolutely not - too noisy and too messy. Now she's the one who takes care of all of her neighbors' chickens when they go on vacation. My Polish are probably my favorites, especially Mushroom Cloud. She'll follow me around. It's most definitely food-motivated so I really can't be too flattered.

Back
Top Bottom