Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone! I'm in love with polish and Ik for sure I want to order some chicks! I need your opinion on ideal poultry polish chicks.. :) thank in advance!!!!! :) :D :) :D

Hey everyone! I'm in love with polish and Ik for sure I want to order some chicks! I need your opinion on ideal poultry polish chicks..
smile.png
thank in advance!!!!!
smile.png
big_smile.png
smile.png
big_smile.png
Welcome! I don't have any experience with this hatchery, but I just wanted to say glad to have you aboard :).

Welcome! I don't have any experience with this hatchery, but I just wanted to say glad to have you aboard :).

Thanks!! :D I still can't decide on what color..... Lol. I already have two buff laced hens and I'm in love! So I want a different color... :D thinking about silver laced.. Or golden laced.. Or white crested blue.. Or red crested red... So many options!!!! Lol. :D

Ava is my first polish chick.
She is 6 weeks old and her crest is so poofy she looks like she no longer has eyes lol
Am I supposed to be doing anything for her or just let it be?
She's doing fine... shes outside in her coop/run with her two serama sisters... shes digging/scratching around, able to find food/water...

Ava is my first polish chick.
She is 6 weeks old and her crest is so poofy she looks like she no longer has eyes lol
Am I supposed to be doing anything for her or just let it be?
She's doing fine... shes outside in her coop/run with her two serama sisters... shes digging/scratching around, able to find food/water...

For starters let me compliment you on putting a gentle Polish with gentle Seramas. So many uneducated chickeneers just plop a bunch of mixed breeds in a coop or flock without realizing that gentle breeds should not be mixed with heavier LF - it's usually ok when they are pullets but at full maturity around 18 mos to 2 yrs the bigger breeds take advantage bullying the gentler smaller breeds.

I have two free-range Silkies that have crests/beards and we never trimmed them. For some reason they have a way of eventually getting the crests somewhat thinned out or matted down on their own. Occasionally we washcloth and finger separate dirt or crusted crests/beards and blow-dry to make them comfortable again but we don't trim at all. Mother Nature seemed to take care of the vision problem for us. If they really want to see overhead they will tilt their head to spot things. Crested varieties are naturally more skittish because they are aware of their impediment so I wouldn't touch one feather on that beautiful Polish head.

Back
Top Bottom