Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
1. It has a full sized "afro"
2. all feathers are the color their suppose to be
3. does not have a crossbeak,overbite, or underbite
4. legs are sort of a light blue hue
5. no missing tail feathers or "afro" feathers
6. v-shaped comb

their is also a book called the american poultry association standard of perfection. it has the show standards of every breed of chicken

I saw this girl at the feed store and had to have her!!! She's sooooooo cuddly will sit on my lap for hours if I let her! Is this normal behaviour for a Polish? Her name is Jola!

I REALLY want a Polish and our feed store is getting a bin of straight run chicks. Is there any even slightly reliable way to sex day-old Polish chicks? I don't have the space or inclination to attempt to quarantine and then integrate an older pullet. My husband suggested we just get two, but we would still have a 25% chance of getting two cockerels.

I REALLY want a Polish and our feed store is getting a bin of straight run chicks. Is there any even slightly reliable way to sex day-old Polish chicks? I don't have the space or inclination to attempt to quarantine and then integrate an older pullet. My husband suggested we just get two, but we would still have a 25% chance of getting two cockerels.

Well I've read you can sex the day old chicks by the size of their crests. females have a large round one, the shape of a globe/ the males have a more angular, narrow crest. I'm also getting straight run polish, and I'm going to try it =) =)

Back
Top Bottom