Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Oh HELP!!

My polish hen over the night has been pecked on her crest last night by one on my bantams and has a bald patch :( I mite them regularly and they dust bath- so not sure if its because of mits

Are the feathers going to grow back on her head :( :(

Yes, they'll grow back. I made the mistake of putting my Polish chicks in with a turkey chick and the turkey chick took a liking to crest feathers and they were bald. They all grew back in nicely and the turkey was removed from their area.

Here is one of my new Polish babies, I think he/she is a white crested black polish? (Was the free "rare exotic" from McMurray hatchery) He's pretty weak so we're hoping he makes it :)
My kids have named him Tophat

that was my rare chick too! it is a white crested black polish, they have soo much personality! good luck and congrads!

Yaaaaay..... A friend of mine let my broody Silkie hatch some of her Tolbunt project eggs for her. Aren't they just So Cool....6 out of 9 on her first official clutch!!! Woohoo.....

I have to take my Polish Roo to a chicken swap tomorrow.
What kind of value do you put on a healthy 3 month old Rooster?
I'm hoping to sell him or swap for a couple young laying hens.
Any thoughts are appreciated!
Thanks

This is Pretty. She is about 13 weeks old. White polish. I hope she's female. She's very docile. Opinions?

This is Ugly. Same age. Same breed. Not sure if it's a boy or girl. Any help would be appreciated.

This is my pizzle Mutant with Ugly. Boy or girl? How can you tell?

This Picture is of one of my three golden laced hens.

These are an experiment that me and my son did. We have not had a chance to separate our three golden hens, one silver laced hen and our silver rooster from some of our basic breeds. We wanted though to get some polish chicks. We have several different roosters running with the basic breed (Barred X, RI Red X, Cochin, White Americana). With amazement the silver lace seems to be the one in charge and the polish hens are his. Since they are the only white egg layers we have we ended up hatching out 8 of the eggs on a trial run. We ended up with as you can see in the photo's seven silver laced it looks like. Possible with the golden gene. I do have more photo's they are a week old today.

They 7 out of 8 look 100% polish ? Does anyone see anything I might have missed?

The last photo though is of chick 8? Does anyone have any idea what it might be? Do you think it is a golden lace crossed with another rooster? Or is it that 25% chance that it will show the golden when breeding gene? Not sure on parents... genetic makeup. Anybody's thought's?

Back
Top Bottom