Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, the wait is killing me. I'm really hoping for a pullet as I can't have a cockerel where I live
sad.png
& now I'm so in love with the polish breed and him/her it would be awful to have to send her/him to a new home. Fingers crossed! Definitely will not be my last polish
big_smile.png
♡♡♡

I can't have roos either and really can't handle chicks. I've been ordering my pullet juveniles at 2 to 4 months old for guaranteed sex. For Silkies I have a breeder nearby that sells DNA-sexed chicks so you can enjoy them from chickhood to adulthood. I still prefer to get older juveniles though - less chance of losing a chick which I can't bear.

I can't have roos either and really can't handle chicks.  I've been ordering my pullet juveniles at 2 to 4 months old for guaranteed sex.  For Silkies I have a breeder nearby that sells DNA-sexed chicks so you can enjoy them from chickhood to adulthood.  I still prefer to get older juveniles though - less chance of losing a chick which I can't bear.
I think if she turns out to be a he. That will be our next step (getting an older for sure pullet) this one just happened to be an impulse buy. Way to adorable not to have. But still keeping our fingers crossed. I definitely like the idea of dna-sexed that way you could start the bond early on :)

Bonnet the day I found her, warmed her and brought her back to life. I wasnt sure if she would have a topknot but I named her Bonnet because it was Easter.

Her she is at two months old and relaxing with her quail friends.

Bonnet thinks she is a quail. I found her nearly dead in the nest next to her mama who had apparently pushed her aside. I warmed her and brought her back. She resisted going back to her mother once she was perked up so I put her in with my quail. She sees herself in the mirror for the first time. Im trying to get her to be friendly with other chickens so she can eventually join the flock.

Last edited:

Bonnet the day I found her, warmed her and brought her back to life. I wasnt sure if she would have a topknot but I named her Bonnet because it was Easter.

Her she is at two months old and relaxing with her quail friends.

Bonnet thinks she is a quail. I found her nearly dead in the nest next to her mama who had apparently pushed her aside. I warmed her and brought her back. She resisted going back to her mother once she was perked up so I put her in with my quail. She sees herself in the mirror for the first time. Im trying to get her to be friendly with other chickens so she can eventually join the flock.
Is Bonnet a Silkie-Polish mix with those feathered feet? If she is, she will most likely be smaller than average chickens and needs another companion her own size? Silkies don't do well with large fowl over 4 or 5 lb.

Bonnet is a true mutt. She has some Cochin in her. The "polish" topknot look just started showing up in offspring from some mutt chickens I got from a horse stable. My flock has had some pure breds (Faverolle, OEG, Cochin and Americana) but none currently. I dont think she has silky in her genetics.

Pullet or cockerel? 5 weeks old. :)
Crest says cockerel but no reddening of the wattle area says pullet. I'm afraid your going to have wait a few weeks.
Bonnet the day I found her, warmed her and brought her back to life. I wasnt sure if she would have a topknot but I named her Bonnet because it was Easter. Her she is at two months old and relaxing with her quail friends. Bonnet thinks she is a quail. I found her nearly dead in the nest next to her mama who had apparently pushed her aside. I warmed her and brought her back. She resisted going back to her mother once she was perked up so I put her in with my quail. She sees herself in the mirror for the first time. Im trying to get her to be friendly with other chickens so she can eventually join the flock.
Bonnet is beutiful :love

Bonnet is a true mutt. She has some Cochin in her. The "polish" topknot look just started showing up in offspring from some mutt chickens I got from a horse stable. My flock has had some pure breds (Faverolle, OEG, Cochin and Americana) but none currently. I dont think she has silky in her genetics.
Ahhh - Cochin and Favie explain the feathered legs. Her crest however is unique and gives her face that "cute" look.

Thank you and Bonnet thanks you too. That is what I love about mutts, they are all so unique; little surprise packages.
You'll have to post Bonnet pics after she gets her full plumage!

Back
Top Bottom