Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, is this method a polish thing? Her/him neck feathers look pointy, but I have a blue laced gold Wyandotte which I know is a rooster and his are round?
What am I looking for about the saddle feathers?

the same as on the neck feathers and you can also do the same on the crest feathers (I think it's pretty neat) but the crest feather thing works on most crest breeds. Pointy = male round = female!
how old is your Wyandotte?

ClickCluckMoo A ponytail
1f602.png
That's a great idea! .
Check out pippy now, still not sure if she is boy or girl.
She loves to cuddle! Question to everyone do polish hen and roosters both grow spurs?

That is definitely a roo. Girls won't start getting any wattles until close to 16 weeks. Any chick that gets red before 10 weeks is a rooster. Wyandottes are very easy to sex depending on the age. If you post a pic I should be able to tell. :)

thats what i as getting at....just showing other ways lol :p

Lol I just figured I'd throw that in there. Most of the other ways you can't tell until they are quite a bit older. In the beginning my polish crest all looked the same. Saddle feathers won't come in until closer to 10 to 12 weeks. Sometimes later. I've just found the comb to be the earliest way of telling. :)

My blue laced is 5weeks.

Sorry I know this is a polish chat I'll delete after Summerb123 has answered.

That looks to be a pullet but you should know for sure by 7 weeks. :) usually you will notice the dark red to start at the beginning of the wattles. Good luck. :)

Lol I just figured I'd throw that in there. Most of the other ways you can't tell until they are quite a bit older. In the beginning my polish crest all looked the same. Saddle feathers won't come in until closer to 10 to 12 weeks. Sometimes later. I've just found the comb to be the earliest way of telling. :)
That looks to be a pullet but you should know for sure by 7 weeks. :) usually you will notice the dark red to start at the beginning of the wattles. Good luck. :)
Looks like a gold laced Wyandotte pullet. I don't see any blue in it. Rooster are much darker around the neck at that age.

Back
Top Bottom