Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to disappoint, but feather-sexing only works on a few choice hybrid breeds that are a specific combination of feather growth speeds. I used to think that you could use feather-sexing on any breed, but sadly, I was wrong. There are a few methods that can be used to sex chicks, but I am not sure of the reliability of them. Here's one: when your chicks are 3-4 weeks old, take a hat, and drop it near them. Supposedly, pullets will shy away, while cockerels will bristle and act like they are going to protect the hens from the threat. I am not totally sure of how well this works, but I hope it does! I've never actually tried it out, so...yeah. There are also some other things to try that can be found via web research.
Good luck!

~ClickCluckMoo~

My Poland lovelies! (Top 2 are the same one and bottom 2 are the same one!) I think about 4 months old. Still not sure if they are male or female? I was thinking one of each maybe? Would be interested to hear what people think. I did some reading up before I came to that thought but the lady we got them from thinks the other way around! Our lavender Pekin (younger) is crowing but nothing from either of these two yet!

My Poland lovelies! (Top 2 are the same one and bottom 2 are the same one!) I think about 4 months old. Still not sure if they are male or female? I was thinking one of each maybe? Would be interested to hear what people think. I did some reading up before I came to that thought but the lady we got them from thinks the other way around! Our lavender Pekin (younger) is crowing but nothing from either of these two yet!

cute! but your first one isn't quite a Polish. She is a Appenzeller Spitzhauben at least i think lol but might be POLISH

Back
Top Bottom