Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are my new Polish chicks- I know the black one will be black w/white crest- does anyone have any ideas what the other two will look like? I'm not sure if yellow chicks always turn white? And the other guy looks blue now but I don't know- the lady I got them from wasn't exactly chatty haha.

You have a white crested black a white crested blue and a buff laced. Can't tell the sex for about 4 months but polish lay a median size egg and are great to have as pets i have alot

You have a white crested black a white crested blue and a buff laced. Can't tell the sex for about 4 months but polish lay a median size egg and are great to have as pets i have alot

Thanks! I love them already they're so sweet. I had a feeling the blue was a boy initially but now they all look similar and I have no idea again. I guess we'll wait and see. I can't really keep roosters where I live (unless I can get a no crow collar that actually works?) so I'm hoping they're all ladies!

My chicks are 2 weeks old today and are entering their awkward stage... little feathers starting to pop up on their heads and tails and their wings are getting big! I went out of town for 1 night and came home and they'd already grown! This is Betty- she's starting to get white feathers on her wings too- is that just a phase or do you think she's a splash (or whatever the black and white ones are called lol)

My chicks are 2 weeks old today and are entering their awkward stage... little feathers starting to pop up on their heads and tails and their wings are getting big! I went out of town for 1 night and came home and they'd already grown! This is Betty- she's starting to get white feathers on her wings too- is that just a phase or do you think she's a splash (or whatever the black and white ones are called lol)
she is not a splash but every now and then you get polish that have some white in the wings. You can show her or him as long as there is not over a half inch on that get her otherwise if there is more then a half inch you will be dq. Or you can color them in with a black Sharpe.

she is not a splash but every now and then you get polish that have some white in the wings. You can show her or him as long as there is not over a half inch on that get her otherwise if there is more then a half inch you will be dq. Or you can color them in with a black Sharpe.

Haha we did that to our Doberman when she had a little grey patch... I won't be showing her or anything so it's all good, just curious. Thanks for the answers!!

Many baby WCblacks have white in their wings when they are young. IF you were raising them for show, I wouldn't judge them based on that until they are nearly adult... but the white is usually in the primaries, not in the shoulders like yours.

Back
Top Bottom