Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
sounds like the reliability of my silkies haha.

It seems like a good quality polish isn't readily available in my area, so I would like to raise them for others. After all, I'm having a hard time locating some, so perhaps there is a need in this area. I don't know much about their personalities, I just love how they look, but that is awesome to know about how friendly they seem to be! Very encouraging!

Perhaps I need a third coop..... is this a case of chicken math? oh dear. hubby will NEVER go for it!

sounds like the reliability of my silkies haha.

It seems like a good quality polish isn't readily available in my area, so I would like to raise them for others. After all, I'm having a hard time locating some, so perhaps there is a need in this area. I don't know much about their personalities, I just love how they look, but that is awesome to know about how friendly they seem to be! Very encouraging!

Perhaps I need a third coop..... is this a case of chicken math? oh dear. hubby will NEVER go for it!

We didn't expect to like our Polish as much as we do. We absolutely adore them though! They are the funniest, most entertaining birds in our flock. Our WCG hen recently went broody and hatched a clutch that she is now raising. She usually lays between 4-5 eggs per week that are about a medium size. We have four juveniles that aren't laying yet, and our rooster is absoutely amazing. You will be surprised at just how quickly you fall in love with these quirky, interesting birds.

I had no intention of getting Polish, then my son (farrier) received a chick as a tip. He was not impressed at the time. It didn't take long for her to steal our hearts. I can't imagine not having any now.

OH! NOW I get the droopy saddle feathers! And sure, I will take new pics again with a couple more close ups of the crest as well as a couple side shots. I always thought the one on the right was a pullet until lately the crest started looking "a little bit" pointy. But not too bad. I know it's all individual and there may be some differences, but still. Plus I got them from a feed mill and he later told me that he gets his chicks at a discounted rate from McMurray and Cackle at the end of the day they call him up and say this is what we have left over that hasn't sold, we'll offer you deal X, are you interested? So they came from commercial hatcheries. I'll get a better pic of my red girl, too. She doesn't have jack squat for a crest. I'm wondering if the ones she's in with are picking at her feathers? Also, I think someone had said at one point that it's okay to breed my red crested red to my buff laced? Is that ok to do? I also have gold laced, that's it. My candy corn & tolbunt are girls and they're being bred to a GL frizzle. And that's all that I have for polish.

I have the hardest time sexing my Silkies and Polish. The saddle feathers have never let me down though! My Dark Brahmas are so easy to sex though. The males and females have different color feathers from about two weeks old. Oh how I wish my others were so easy to tell apart!

Last edited:

I just got my first group of polish chickens I got 4 white hens and 3 goldlaced hens.

Hi Every One

I have just hatched a few Polish Chickens from my new polish group.

But one of the chickens is black with a gold ring around its eyes.

Those this mean it will be gold laced ?? Im puzzled as i have no gold laced hens or roosters in my breeding group.

Thanks and be glad of any information

Wanted to share a photo of my Gold Laced Polish, he's got a pretty severe twisted beak. I'm surprised he's doing so well.... he's about 4 months old and such a good boy, he's even got his own little fan club amongst the girls!! Ha

Back
Top Bottom