Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
these birds rock! By far the most personality, and wacko antics of the flock

One of Marshies chicks hatched last night! Its a cute little blonde one, so im thinking its part buff laced, since my breeder doesn't separate his colors. I relly hoping its a girl!

wee.gif

I also hope the next one that hatches is brown or grey! The other egg is pipped as well, so it should be out by dinner time. Im relly wanting to buy 2 other ameraucana chicks or polish chicks from my breeder to raise along with these!
OH WHAT TO DO!

***QUESTION*** not hatching polish before, im not relly sure if their beak is supposed to look that long......my chick doesn't look like it has a comb.....will it grow in sooner or later? do all chicks hatch like this?

Last edited:
I live in Western North Carolina and am looking for some Bantam Polish. Does anyone nearby have any available?

im about 4 hours away from you, in fuquay varina.

I just hatched a polish last night, and one is coming.....I wish I lived closer because I need to rehome any roos I have.....but im not sure if you would even want a roo.

One of Marshies chicks hatched last night! Its a cute little blonde one, so im thinking its part buff laced, since my breeder doesn't separate his colors. I relly hoping its a girl!

wee.gif

I also hope the next one that hatches is brown or grey! The other egg is pipped as well, so it should be out by dinner time. Im relly wanting to buy 2 other ameraucana chicks or polish chicks from my breeder to raise along with these!
OH WHAT TO DO!

***QUESTION*** not hatching polish before, im not relly sure if their beak is supposed to look that long......my chick doesn't look like it has a comb.....will it grow in sooner or later? do all chicks hatch like this?
they have funny looking comb areas!

I have a 2 month old Polish that is really sweet. She's a little more jumpy than the rest of my birds, I think mainly because she has her vision obscured! Does anyone do anything to their birds to help them see? She also does not want to roost in our coop at night. I have been putting her on the roost each night, but she seems quite happy to be bedded down in the shavings on the bottom of the coop.

We have had chickens before, and are just getting back into it, so I don't have any laying right now, but Polish are totally new to me. Very excited about having one!

This is Buffy about a month ago before she got to go to the big girl pen.

Back
Top Bottom