Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Oh, really? I'll have to try that! :D

Here is April, above, and Afroman, below. The girls named her April b/c she has a "ninja jump" that she does and
it made them think of the teenage mutant ninja turtles and the reporter's name is April and she's a redhead. LOL!
Why isn't her crest growing, though? Do you think her feathers are getting plucked by the others in her pen? Someone
else suggested breeding her to a gold laced. What about to a candy corn? (creole tolbunt)

Oh, really? I'll have to try that! :D

Here is April, above, and Afroman, below. The girls named her April b/c she has a "ninja jump" that she does and
it made them think of the teenage mutant ninja turtles and the reporter's name is April and she's a redhead. LOL!
Why isn't her crest growing, though? Do you think her feathers are getting plucked by the others in her pen? Someone
else suggested breeding her to a gold laced. What about to a candy corn? (creole tolbunt)

The crest (all I can say is Ideal), I see a lot of crests in poor shape from Ideal.
THe golden laced would definitely work, as that was what the reds were breed from. I suggested the buff laced because you said he didn't have a partner, but the golden laced would work well too.

I got the RC red from a local breeder. I've no clue if they were hers or not b/c she's screwed me over more than once & I've heard other people complain about her. Including selling other people's birds under her name, lying about purebreds that are really mixed (this has happened several times, not just a 1 time thing) and yes, now I'm also hearing that she buys them cheap from hatcheries and resells them at a higher price. So I guess it wouldn't surprise me. Seeing as how huge Afroman's crest is already and he's only 4 mos old, I'll prob. go w/him first. The older GL is same age but not as big of a crest and the frizzles are just under 3 mos.

Wow! Someone posted pics of their champagne polish chickens. They're gorgeous! I asked if they have any for sale. LOL! I also tried to do a search but the only thing I could find was $300 for an adult trio or $25/baby. But they're in St. Louis and I sent a msg and hopefully they'll ship the chicks. IDK. I really hate spending money like that and then some arrive dead or something. I'd much rather just buy eggs. I'm NOT paying $300 for the trio. Does anyone else have this color? How would I go about making it if I wanted to work on that project? Buff laced to white???

Is the white a masking gene? If you breed white to white, will you get nothing BUT white? Does it carry another color? What would happen if I bred white to black? Would I get splash? Mottled? WHat if bred to gold laced? Would it be the start of a tolbunt program?

If I bred it to khaki or lavender, would you get porcelean? How about to a red?

Would the white lighten the other color bred to it? Or would you get stray white feathers mixed in w/the other color of feathers? Or would you get one color or the other, but they'd carry the opposite color???

hu.gif

May I ask a question about a 16 week old Polish bird we have?

The bird seems to be deformed...it's tail lays to the left when you look at it from the back, and it seems to have a hump on it's back on the right side. He/She (can you tell yet which it is?) gets around fine, eats well, is not the brightest crayon in the box by any means, but that seems to be typical from what I am reading. I think it will be very pretty once those top knot feathers finally come in. My daughter calls it Princess...if it is a roo, we will call it The Rooster Formerly Known as Princess.
big_smile.png

This is a bit blurry, but you can see the tail over to the side and the hunched back behind it's head. We got this bird at a feed store when it was a few days old, it apparently came from McMurray originally.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom