Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@frzldnfabfarm et al
yesss.gif
I have amazing news....just hatched out 1 last batch of Polish & Porcelain/Polish project chicks (12/17) and it's official....there is a Unicorn #2, I'm gonna call her Pegasus! I'm hoping her little brother is frizzle too! I'm am quite encouraged by the fact that Pegasus is the same fuzzy color as some of my best BCW pullets! As you know that's one of the issues with Unicorn. I think she's a 2nd or 3rd gen polish/cochin cross (which is how Frizzle got into Polish), her color is close but she has some very minor lacing , splashes and barring much like my less desirable BCW hens, but her sparse crest and other features tell me she is a mix. maybe grandfather was a Sizzle? it would explain the thin furlike neck feathers she has. I just wish I knew what color the father was? But even if I did, who knows if you'd ever get the same color again BCW is such a complex genome which is why you see such variation in the chicks. I'm just glad her Daughter looks the part of a full BCW so far. She's a smoke tipped white fuzzy with 2 gray stripes down her back and a full puffy white crest with darker fuzz beneath (becomes more noticeable after the first week or so) . Just for future reference when you hatch out/ receive BCW chicks that's the look that seems to turn out the best in my experience. The males are lighter with more yellowing due to the more pronounced Silver Gene. But I have found that the best looking males have less of this. That's because the Silver Gene muddles the black crest in Adult males d/t the protrusion of light feathers in the crest and hackles and gives a dirty yellow color to the saddle feathers. The male I have is a good color, but I don't know if he will Frizzle or not...
fl.gif
!!!!
My porcelain project chicks are a wash this time but I will accept a small defeat in the shadow of a grand triumph!
celebrate.gif

I will post some pics tomorrow.... in the day light..LOL!

Last edited:
is
@frzldnfabfarm
 et al
:yesss: I have amazing news....just hatched out 1 last batch of Polish & Porcelain/Polish project chicks (12/17) and it's official....there is a Unicorn #2, I'm gonna call her Pegasus! I'm hoping her little brother is frizzle too! I'm am quite encouraged by the fact that Pegasus is the same fuzzy color as some of my best BCW pullets! As you know that's one of the issues with Unicorn. I think she's a 2nd or 3rd gen polish/cochin cross (which is how Frizzle got into Polish), her color is close but she has some very minor lacing , splashes and barring much like my less desirable BCW hens, but her sparse crest and other features tell me she is a mix. maybe grandfather was a Sizzle? it would explain the thin furlike neck feathers she has.  I just wish I knew what color the father was? But even if I did, who knows if you'd ever get the same color again BCW is such a complex genome which is why you see such variation in the chicks. I'm just glad her Daughter looks the part of a full BCW so far. She's a smoke tipped white fuzzy with 2 gray stripes down her back and a full puffy white crest with darker fuzz beneath (becomes more noticeable after the first week or so) . Just for future reference when you hatch out/ receive BCW chicks that's the look that seems to turn out the best in my experience. The males are lighter with more yellowing due to the more pronounced Silver Gene. But I have found that the best looking males have less of this. That's because the Silver Gene muddles the black crest in Adult males d/t the protrusion of light feathers in the crest and hackles and gives a dirty yellow color to the saddle feathers. The male I have is a good color, but I don't know if he will Frizzle or not...:fl  !!!!
My porcelain project chicks are a wash this time but I will accept a small defeat in the shadow of a grand triumph! :celebrate

I will post some pics tomorrow.... in the day light..LOL!
This is so exciting I so proud of u!!! Please send pics and as far as the porcelains I think they didn't turn out because they would have been so amazing that my heart would just imploded and then who would raise my kids lol

Last edited:
is
This is so exciting I so proud of u!!! Please send pics and as far as the porcelains I think they didn't turn out because they would have been so amazing that my heart would just imploded and then who would raise my kids lol
LOL...I wouldn't want your heart to implode!!! So good thing they're black. Chicken calculator says it is a 6/32 chance so I'll have to hatch a few more to get the right result. Gonna have to figure out what to do with the extras? Maybe sell as pet birds?

Ok here's my fall batch 12 chicks, 2 BCW, 5 WCB, 1 WCB FRZL, 1 BCB ?frzl?, 3 porc/pol mix.

Pegasus

BCW Cockerel ?Frizzle? Looks like it but can't tell for sure.
WCB chicks
WCB frizzle ?cock?
BCB pullet ?Frizzle? too early to tell.
3 porcelain project chicks..wrong color
barnie.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6602010/width/200/height/400[/IMG
Hello All! Id like an opinion on this pullet. Finally standing still long enough for a picture. Is she Show Quality?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6602010/width/200/height/400[/IMG Hello All! Id like an opinion on this pullet. Finally standing still long enough for a picture. Is she Show Quality?[/QUOTE]
[URL='https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6602086/'][IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6602086/width/350/height/700[/URL]H

Back
Top Bottom