Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

two new buff Polish

Hope one might be a girl there is a little difference in age

Bigger/slightly older one

Littler/younger one

I am just curious about the genetics involved in creating different colors of Polish. We have a buff laced Polish rooster whose personality we love...but we want hens and the buff laced isn't really my favorite Polish look, although he is adorable. What would be the best kind of Polish hens I should look into getting if we wanted to get some chicks out of him? With buff laced, do you really just have the option of buying another buff laced, or could you combine colors? They would just be pets, not to sell.

I'm not a genetics expert by any means, but to my knowledge, there arent many combinations with a buff laced roo that will give you offspring other than buff laced in the first generation. Since youre not planning to breed for anything but your own pets, my best recommendation would be to find a polish hen you like and offspring be ******.

Talking about cruel and sickening - on the same note about animal cruelty I just came across a news article that was very disturbing. Some person(s) tore away the Fresno, California Foster Farms poultry fence in September and used a golf club or similar article to cruelly club nearly 1,000 Foster Farm chickens. Foster Farms is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to arrest for animal cruelty and the Animal Legal Defense Fund is adding in another $5,000 reward. First time I ever heard of a human(s) being the sicko predator of chickens!!! This one incident of a human predator far outweighs the number of chickens killed by one wildlife predator. I wonder how he/she'd like to be clubbed with a golf club and left unconscious, suffering, and/or bleeding to death. Clubbing chickens to suffer is definitely not the humane/quick way to dispatch chickens - whatever were their sick brains thinking? We as pet and livestock owners are trying so desperately to use humane methods to dispatch and here one sicko causes more pain and suffering than any BYCer can even fathom!

Added note: Just read that 4 teens were arrested for bludgeoning the Foster Farms chickens - one adult and 3 underaged teens - I bet those parents are so proud - NOT!
I'm glad they were caught, I hope they get a good long sentence and they should have to scoop chicken poop every day of their time w/o gloves or masks!!!! I hope they learn something too!

All I can say is people you need to stop having babies if you cant be bothered raising them with decent values. I hope they throw the book at these teens but they wont just because they are under age. They will get off with a slap on the hand and be sent out to do more dastardly deeds. The adult is probably not going to get much more because as we all know the victims were only chickens.
I agree idiots being paid to breed is a very bad idea and always has been!!! These murderers are a perfect example of the breakdown of society! I see your point about "just chickens" but if the judge has any sense he will realize that these acts against animals are indicative of mental illness and should be taken very seriously or the next one to get bludgeoned to death may be human. As you probably already know psychopaths generally start by torturing animals, the violence of this incident makes me think the perpetrators fit that description!!!

I'm glad they were caught, I hope they get a good long sentence and they should have to scoop chicken poop every day of their time w/o gloves or masks!!!! I hope they learn something too!

From the photo of the adult laden with tattoos it was probably a gang-initiated ritual - yes, let's cowardly club to death a bunch of innocent 6-lb chickens because that is such a macho right-of-passage!

Back
Top Bottom