Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our silver laced are finally grown and have blossomed beautifully!!!!(to us)

Check out male 2nd from bottom, no wattles...Is that very unusual? AND lastly, we've been breeding, keeping it polish related, a WCB polish hen with a Sultan roo and in our 4th generation hit a BLACK SULTAN!!!!!

Wow! That all black one is fantastic! I've been trying to find some all black birds for my flock, but no dice so far.

Wow! That all black one is fantastic! I've been trying to find some all black birds for my flock, but no dice so far.
Thank you! It's been a focus of ours to make a black sultan and hopefully, get to point where we can spread them around the US...We couldn't find any here, only in Europe, so we made our own..Well, in process, hoping for consistency in color and traits...Stay tuned! :)

Last edited:
Sultans are gorgeous in white but it's good to see them bred in a practical color. Any white bird we've had got dirty, yellow, stained, or dingy do we stopped getting white feathers for the backyard. Your guys look like smooth feathered Silkies with their crests, beards, hocks, and feathered toes! So cute!

Tell me, are Sultans considered vaulted skull the way Polish are?
We have a bunch of white ones as well, they're one of my personal favorites, my alpha is King! I love his horns!

I also love the "tear drop" feathers on their feet, this doll baby shows it off well!

More King

And Sultans are not considered vaulted skulled, that we're aware of...

Last edited:
We have a bunch of white ones as well, they're one of my personal favorites, my alpha is King! I love his horns!

I also love the "tear drop" feathers on their feet, this doll baby shows it off well!

More King

And Sultans are not considered vaulted skulled, that we're aware of...

Your photos are lovely. Love the horn comb! U.K. have butterfly combs but look too ponderous with the crested heads. I found info but don't know how true it is that Polish were crossed with Silkies to give Silkies a vaulted poofy crest. That's why I was wondering if the Sultans also inherited the vaulted skulls from the Polish the way some Silkies did? Your baby doll really IS a doll!

Hi all, remember Julio the rooster who got bloody head from being pecked by mean girls in his coop? He has healed, and he was put back to the coop yesterday. When i came home, his head is bloody again.......
I don't think he can be back in the coop forever..... I may need to look for a new forever home.
I am super sad because I really love him and want to keep him. But he is alone and lonely.
If anybody is interested and can promise that he will never be killed, let me know. I am in Los Angeles county (Altadena/Pasadena to be exact).

I know he is not happy becuse he is confined all the time. He loves to run around and look for bugs. He is NOT agressive. He is very tame. He will sleep on your lap, or when you hold him and caress his big funky hair. He follows you around. He is a naughty boy being a boy.
He crows in the morning, and when his food/water is empty.
He is a purebred White Crested Black Polish, pet quality from Ideal Hatchery.
I take care of him very well. He is super clean and no mites/lice. He is not stinky and has taken a bath once when I cleaned his wounds.
I really really love him. Please let me talk to you first before you adopt him.

Last edited:
Hi all, remember Julio the rooster who got bloody head from being pecked by mean girls in his coop? He has healed, and he was put back to the coop yesterday. When i came home, his head is bloody again.......
I don't think he can be back in the coop forever..... I may need to look for a new forever home.
I am super sad because I really love him and want to keep him. But he is alone and lonely.
If anybody is interested and can promise that he will never be killed, let me know. I am in Los Angeles county (Altadena/Pasadena to be exact).

I know he is not happy becuse he is confined all the time. He loves to run around and look for bugs. He is NOT agressive. He is very tame. He will sleep on your lap, or when you hold him and caress his big funky hair. He follows you around. He is a naughty boy being a boy.
He crows in the morning, and when his food/water is empty.
He is a purebred White Crested Black Polish, pet quality from Ideal Hatchery.
I take care of him very well. He is super clean and no mites/lice. He is not stinky and has taken a bath once when I cleaned his wounds.
I really really love him. Please let me talk to you first before you adopt him.

Poor thing!!! You have some pretty aggressive hens. Lol!!!! Picking on that poor guy.

I put him together with the silkies when the first incident happened. They got along soooo well. He taught my silkies how to climb the ramp! But now they are teenagers and I worry they will mate and cross breed. That's the only reason why I don't want to put him in the silkie coop. He likes freeranging.
If anybody interested, let me know. He is beautiful.

Hello,

What do you folks use for mite prevention and/or treatment? I saw some mentions of Poultry Protector -- does this actually work for treatment, or is it just preventative?

Back
Top Bottom