Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got this cutie by accident (requested 2 Swedish Flower Hens and got 1 and a BLP instead). Just curious how long it took others to start getting eggs?

Split for Tolbunt? I'm not quite sure what you are meaning? She looks to just to have just the odd white feather in her crest which can sometimes happen with the gold lace especially as they age. Some of mine have developed more odd white feathers as they have got older. I'm afraid if you were thinking of showing her this would be an undesirable trait.
Sorry about that... Could she be carrying one copy of tolbunt? I saw a picture of someones' gold lace that was a carrier and it had white in the crest like this. But it sounds like white in the crest is sort of common in gold laced Polish? No, I don't plan on showing her. She does not come from show stock anyway. I was just curious what people think about where her odd feathers might come from genetically.

Quote:
Ozzie is just about seven months.

Sorry about that... Could she be carrying one copy of tolbunt? I saw a picture of someones' gold lace that was a carrier and it had white in the crest like this. But it sounds like white in the crest is sort of common in gold laced Polish?  No, I don't plan on showing her. She does not come from show stock anyway. I was just curious what people think about where her odd feathers might come from genetically.  

Tolbunt is a new colour for me but after some research she could be a carrier of Tolbunt if one of her parents was a Tolbunt?. Tolbunt are often crossed with a gold lace and the resulting offspring then crossed back to a Tolbunt to improve the lacing in the feathers and the gene pool. The first generation chicks from Tolbunt x gold lace will look gold lace but if you cross them back to Tolbunt the chicks should be Tolbunt.

Tolbunt have a pretty limited gene pool and other breeds were used to get the Tolbunt colours then crossed back to polish. The Tolbunt colour is an ongoing breeding project for many breeders ~
http://tolbuntpolish.tripod.com/tolbunt-info.html

Back
Top Bottom