Political Ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Our church provides medical assistance for under-privileged families. Our pastor drives a bus daily taking welfare moms and fixed income elderly to appointments. He drives them to DHR and helps them get on the assistance they need.

It sounds to me like you are very narrow minded. You have some idea of how Christianity and The Church works and I don't think you have any experience to back it up! I pity you and your very closed-off views. You are pathetic in your attempt to attack people you don't understand. But not to worry, I'll pray for you. Bless your heart.
You missed my point entirely. It wasn't an attack on Christians it was an attack on social Darwinists who are quick to call others stupid and say things like thinning the herd because they disagree with those people's political opinions, but they themselves say and do things that one may view as stupid, and they misinterpret Darwinism in it's entirety. I find the suggestion appalling, even in jest, that people should die because one finds their ignorance, lack of knowledge, or political opinions appalling.
BTW I attend different churches with friends often, I find the services beautiful, even when I disagree with some of the messages. But thank you for accusing someone of not understanding without trying to understand said person!

Last edited:
555240_568940623117466_473630620_n.jpg

That certainly implies that 2nd amendment supporters have no concerns about the welfare of others when that couldn't be further from the truth. When I am in public, I am armed. I don't strut down the street like Wyatt Earp. I don't look for trouble nor do I think that I am out doing the work of the police. They're paid to do their jobs and I have no interest in dong it for them. But besides for my own security, if I come across somebody being beaten or assaulted in a back alley, I am willing to put myself at risk for their benefit when many folk would walk on past muttering about how they wish that they could do something besides call the police. I also carry equipment in my truck (fire ext) in case I ever come across a situation where I might need it to help someone in need; be it a car fire, someone trapped in an swollen creek (it happens around here), or other situations.

After Sandy Hook, the media and those on the left politicized the tragedy to advance an agenda of gun control rather than look at the underlying cause of how we are neglecting the kids in this country that are at risk for committing these atrocities due to a broken system of treating the mentally ill. That will never be addressed because big pharma would have to admit that some of their drugs DO produce a severe psychosis with a tendency to violent outbursts when given to teenagers and those in their early twenties. The kicker is that they put these warnings on their medications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyHall

555240_568940623117466_473630620_n.jpg

That certainly implies that 2nd amendment supporters have no concerns about the welfare of others when that couldn't be further from the truth. When I am in public, I am armed. I don't strut down the street like Wyatt Earp. I don't look for trouble nor do I think that I am out doing the work of the police. They're paid to do their jobs and I have no interest in dong it for them. But besides for my own security, if I come across somebody being beaten or assaulted in a back alley, I am willing to put myself at risk for their benefit when many folk would walk on past muttering about how they wish that they could do something besides call the police. I also carry equipment in my truck (fire ext) in case I ever come across a situation where I might need it to help someone in need; be it a car fire, someone trapped in an swollen creek (it happens around here), or other situations.

After Sandy Hook, the media and those on the left politicized the tragedy to advance an agenda of gun control rather than look at the underlying cause of how we are neglecting the kids in this country that are at risk for committing these atrocities due to a broken system of treating the mentally ill. That will never be addressed because big pharma would have to admit that some of their drugs DO produce a severe psychosis with a tendency to violent outbursts when given to teenagers and those in their early twenties. The kicker is that they put these warnings on their medications.

that is a well put rebuttal.

You missed my point entirely. It wasn't an attack on Christians it was an attack on social Darwinists who are quick to call others stupid and say things like thinning the herd because they disagree with those people's political opinions, but they themselves say and do things that one may view as stupid, and they misinterpret Darwinism in it's entirety. I find the suggestion appalling, even in jest, that people should die because one finds their ignorance, lack of knowledge, or political opinions appalling.
BTW I attend different churches with friends often, I find the services beautiful, even when I disagree with some of the messages. But thank you for accusing someone of not understanding without trying to understand said person!
Your little cartoon deliberately links "anti-darwinists" (ie, Christians) to "social darwinists". How is one to draw any other conclusion? I don't know a single Christian that would even suggest that someone deserves to die because their beliefs are different (that's Muslims, dear---not Christians). You laid it out there. I call it as I see it. If calling you out, hurts your feelings, well, it's still free speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom