• 151-200

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • 201-500

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • 500+

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters
Pics
Oh. Most of mine are descended from some fancy bloodline (don't know what one, the people before me that had them were into the shows and stuff) but they're also in most hacheries. My 2 hens from stromburg are pretty nice quality
Thank you. (I'm still trying to decide what kind I might need for their "broody factor". I don't want CONSTANTLY broody be ANY means. But ones that might want to raise 1 or 2 batches a year. (And are NOT silkies, bantam cochins {or any other bantam breed.} and don't have feathery legs. And aren't buff orpingtons. So like hearing about other breeds that might fit. LOL)

Thank you. (I'm still trying to decide what kind I might need for their "broody factor". I don't want CONSTANTLY broody be ANY means. But ones that might want to raise 1 or 2 batches a year. (And are NOT silkies, bantam cochins {or any other bantam breed.} and don't have feathery legs. And aren't buff orpingtons. So like hearing about other breeds that might fit. LOL)
Hmmm. No, mine are just as broody as silkies honestly. They just don't get full nests a lot because we have magpies and mice, so they are usually out and about more.

Gamehens - mine are American game. great broodies and mothers.

Black Australorp=very broody (4 of 6 went broody last spring)

I think the most chickens I've had at one time was around 80. But that's because my lovely broody hens like making me surprise babies. 😅

ETA right now I have 26 females, 4 males and 19 unsexed chicks.

I'm constantly in flux though. Just sold 7 pullets today.

I am always curious of people's flock sizes! On average - how many chickens do you keep?

Comment down below about your number of roosters vs hens!

Comment down below on how many meat birds you cycle through in a given year!

Are you actively seeking to increase or reduce your number?

inquiring minds want to know!
4 Total
1 Silkie Pullet-4 months
1 Leghorn Hen-3 years
1 Australorp Hen-4 Years
1 Silkie Cockerel-4 months

Back
Top Bottom