POLL please LOOK

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jonespoulltryfarm, Jan 28, 2012.

1. jonespoulltryfarm

jonespoulltryfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2011
    Kentucky
    Reply on this thread with your favorite breeds and colors of chickens ducks geese anything.. i just kinda want to see what every ones opinion is.... i can tell what the rules are but the winner of this poll with receive either three brown chiense hatching eggs or six chicken hatching eggs....

2. Silkie Chick

Silkie Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

My favorite breed is the Porcelain d'Uccle. Although the Mille Fleurs are pretty, the elegance of the Porcelain d'Uccle is something remarkable. That, mixed with the gentleness of the breed, seems to make a spectacular combination.

3. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    My favorite breed is the Araucana. So many wonderful reasons! As for color, golden and silver duckwing are both very fetching on them.

Curious to know how this poll pans out!

4. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Cochins have been my obsession since I ordered some last spring. I have them in white, black, blue, buff, partridge, splash, frizzle and last Friday I added some barred and reds to my collection. I absolutely adore them all! They have such gentle personalities and love attention!

5. this should be on the fun and games section you would proballey get alot more replies but my favorite breed is blue splash marans

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  6. Cavry

Cavry Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2012
    My BOs for beauty, gentleness, and broodiness. My Australorps for meat and eggs, and my RIs simply for their dependability.

7. thasista

thasista Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2011
    KY
    My Coop
    I love many colors and a few breeds. Orpingtons--Buff, blue, black, splash, and lavender are probably at the top of the list at the moment. Geese--anything brown, well really all geese to be honest. Ducks--I love the pain 'ole Pekins! Guineas--Lavender I think!

8. so how do we win

9. Stuck in the Coop

Stuck in the Coop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    North Central, MO
    Buckeyes. A heritage breed once almost extinct. Now enjoying a resurgence thanks to the ALBC and breeders across America. Doing my part with 16 purebreds who I LOVE. The epitome of backyard chicken. Tolerates cold weather, forages for large percentages of it's food and incredibly human friendly. Oh, and did I mention dual purpose? You can eat the eggs or the chicken, how can you beat that?

10. nightowl223

nightowl223 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    United States
    My favorite breed is the Dominique, for the cool combs and the lovely barred markings. I have far too few of them, unfortunately. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by