Poll: What Treat do your Chickens go Crazy over?

What Treat do your Chickens go Crazy over?

• Meal worms

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • Crickets

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • watermelon

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Blueberries

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Strawberries

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scratch mix

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Corn

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Cucumbers

• Oatmeal

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Grapefruit

• Banana

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Lettuce or other Greens

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • All of the Above-My Chickens like them all equally

Votes: 10 15.9%

• Total voters

JP101010

Songster
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
Sangre De Cristo Mountains , Colorado
Sometimes Flocks have a Favorite ,
Sometimes they love the frenzy of getting treats rather than what kind of food the treat is.

Treating your Chickens to a variety of fruits , veggies , greens and bugs has its benefits. It makes the eggs overall quality and nutritional value skyrocket. It also is a sound days pay for the chicken who is working so hard to make you breakfast every morning. Not to mention the family fun that comes from the funny antics that ensue after one chicken finds a worm and the rest of the flock starts the mad dash to "steal it"..

Please feel free to Share your Thoughts or Stories..

Mine got NY strip trimmings for snack this morning... meat IS their favorite! They got ham trimmings on sunday, and after Christmas they got the turkey leftovers ~~~ stuffing and all
smile.png

Whatever meat scraps I can sneak to them without the dogs noticing
lol.png
They even get scraps when we butcher deer. If possible I throw them meat at least once a week, that is the best time to witness the dinosaur ancestry in action LOL they attack it.

My chickens love oatmeal, cooked or raw, doesn't matter. They come running home from the compost pile when they hear the shaking of the oatmeal bag. Tomatoes, melons of any kind, and cooked rice are close seconds. Grasshoppers in the summer can't be beat. My girls love their treats.
wee.gif

None of the above. My free rangers, including a peacock, just love cat food. They are insanely, irrevocably dedicated to cat food. I feed it every morning as a treat, and I get the equivalent of a flock of crack addicts literally knocking on the front door waiting for me to come out with their "fix".

Back
Top Bottom