Polycarbonate Coop Roofing question

The metal roofing is always condensation whereas the Polycarbonate Roofing does not.
And this is the answer to the question.
Metal is a good conductor of heat/cold.
Polycarbonate is not.
Polycarbonate roofing does not get hot or cold.
It will let more light in.

I live in middle Tennessee so our summers are scorchers...my run and coop are all wrapped in ½" hardware cloth. Because our summers are so hot and humid my (all bantams) chickens actually sleep 50° and up nights on their porch. The porch is attached to the back side of the coop within the run.
I only put them inside the coop and shut the coop whenever it is colder at night.
The coop is the only portion that has the Polycarbonate Roofing. The run has metal roofing.
The things I have noticed between the two types of roofing is condensation for the most part.
The metal roofing is always condensation whereas the Polycarbonate Roofing does not.
Because I don't lock my chickens in the coop on hotter nights I've never checked to see about a temp change within their on warmer nights.
I was concerned about moisture in the coop, thanks for your comment. I am going with the polycarbonate.

I use this for a green house roof, sides and door. The sun will make it hot inside just like no shade. As for the foam closures , it keeps it from rattling in high wind. That can cause a leak at screw also from rattling. The hard closers because RATS!

Back
Top Bottom