Polycarbonate roofing...now what?

We used the SunTuf panels from Home Depot in both the grey and the clear to give it that "skylight" effect. Looking back, if we could have afforded it I would have loved to go with all clear in our run but hindsight is 20/20 right? Anyhow, we used the screws with the washers AND silicone caulking. Can't be too careful here in the PNW. We didn't use the wavy boards, hubby said we didn't need them because they lie flat on our 2X4 framing. I guess we will just have to see how they will hold up in our winter storms
hmm.png

Gosh, it's nice to read this again. Sounds like I might have done something right after all!

I tried the Lowes in a neighboring town, and bought the wavy end pieces and small fasteners to attach to the "dips" of the waves. I also painted the plywood a light (not quite white) color. It seems to be holding out pretty well so far. Mostly we've had a dry summer, but there have been a couple big storms. The only leaking has been through my vents (oops...another story, I guess) so far.

Quote:
That is not what I was told, I have always attached through the crests. I am guessing the logic for that is that the water will not sit there and attaching in the valleys can leak more since water may pool there for a few seconds.

I recently built a bigger coop for my 12 D'Uccles and I used 1 piece of polycarbonate roofing for a sun roof. Now I'm dealing with condensation on the inside dripping onto the bedding. Any ideas on how to fix this other then removing it all together??

I know it is a bit late for the OP, but here in Mexico many people have the clear polycarb roofing as driveway or entryway or garage coverings - and it actually does provide a little bit of shade and keeps temps cooler .

Just a thought if someone reading this thread ending up using a clear polycarb roof and is now kicking themselves - throw a thermostat in there, and you may be suprised that it does cool it off a little . If not, the tarp over the roof is also a quick, easy, and affordable fix if you arent ready to re-roof.

Back
Top Bottom