Polyvisol and my baby duck

Sirenic

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 14, 2012
Alright so I had posted earlier about one my ducklings that has a tilted head.. I feel bad for the guy as all he does is run in circles... can't blame him when his head is tilted huh?

Anyways, he eats and drinks fine, but his head (most of the time) is just tilted sideways.So I got some advice and was told to buy some Polyvisol without iron. It doesn't say 'without iron' on the box, but in the ingredients it shows nothing about iron, and the pharmacy people said 'should be without iron' so..

My question is... How would I feed him this? Would I just drop it in his beak and how much? If I were to put it in with their food or even water... what about the other peking ducklings and goslings, how would this affect them if they were to 'manage' to get a hold of some polyvisol?

Thanks.

Alright so I had posted earlier about one my ducklings that has a tilted head.. I feel bad for the guy as all he does is run in circles... can't blame him when his head is tilted huh?

Anyways, he eats and drinks fine, but his head (most of the time) is just tilted sideways.So I got some advice and was told to buy some Polyvisol without iron. It doesn't say 'without iron' on the box, but in the ingredients it shows nothing about iron, and the pharmacy people said 'should be without iron' so..

My question is... How would I feed him this? Would I just drop it in his beak and how much? If I were to put it in with their food or even water... what about the other peking ducklings and goslings, how would this affect them if they were to 'manage' to get a hold of some polyvisol?

Thanks.
I would try to get him to take some straight on the bill or just a little right inside his bill. then put some into their water it will not hurt the others at all. You just want to make sure this little one is getting a good dose of it. Just a small amt inside the bill don't want it going down the wrong way into it's lungs. Keep us updated on it's progress

Last edited:
Thank you.

I will start him on it as soon as possible.

How many times a day should I try to aim for?

And if I want to put some in the water, how many squirts should I put in?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom