• American Blue or Lavender Geese

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Hucklekree

Crowing
12 Years
Aug 4, 2011
SW WA State
In search of a goose breed that is the need of Some TLC and it's not particularly Aggressive I stumbled across the pomeranian saddleback and there happens to be a breeder not far or at least not too far from where I'm at. But I just found out that the Holderreads will be selling adult geese in selected breeds the American being one, this fall. Now I'm stumped on which to choose. I've heard that the Poms can be calm and gentle, good with family. But then I've seen other comparison charts where they are not ranked well for those things. Well I've heard nothing but great things about the temperament of American geese. We have 5 children ducks chickens dogs and the geese would have pasture that they would share with goats.

So I'm asking any of you that have had experience with either breed or both what would you choose which one?

Last edited:
Personally, I have Grey Saddleback Pomeranian and American Blue and Buff Geese. While the Pomeranian gander's manners are milder than the Buff Gander, I prefer the American geese over the Saddlebacks. They are more quite than the Poms, too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom