Pomeranian Goose Breed Thread

Pics
Half indoor, half outdoor. City law wont allow them outside "full time" but, they can be out all day and brought in at night, and when its too cold.
1f60a.png

Our indoor pen is 10' x 10' currently and could easily be expanded if need be, or divided into seperate pens during breeding (which is what I think I'll do) the outdoor area is only a half acre, but its completely fenced with a 6' tall wood privacy fence. Half acre is enough for say 2 pairs and some babies once in awhile, right?

I think I'm going to get a Buff Pom male for Cassy. Then, I'm deciding between another female to make a trio, OR a seperate pair of Cotton Patch, or Bar Head, or White Front, or Egyptian. These breeds will all be at the swap in April I'm told, and trying to decide what to get is killing me! Lol

Half acre should be fine with two pairs, but you should be prepared to have your grass destroyed during winter! You'll probably want to get a sprinkler to keep the grass in its best shape.

Also, when you get a male for Cassy, be ready for her to fall in love. She will still like you of course! But she will realize she is a goose and that she wants to spend time with other geese. Are you getting babies or adults?

I think you should get cotton patch!

They will be anywhere between day olds and 4 weeks old by the time of the swap. I was leaning towards CPs as well, mainly because they look similar I guess, Lol. I'm not too worried about the grass. We got this grows so fast you'd think its on steroids grass as it is and I hate mowing, so couple pair of geese and viola! Problem solved! Lol

Cas has been around other geese before. She tolerates them but comes to me for reassurance. I guess this is why I chose to get the new ones as young as possible. She adores babies, even tried to sit on chicks at my friends farm! Lol! I'm hoping if she watches it grow, it wont be as overwhelming to her, but that raises a new question...

If her mate is raised with/by her, will she still accept it as a mate? Or, will she view it as her baby?

She loves all people now, not just me. I did this on purpose so she would be comfortable being touched or handled by anyone. Mostly because I take her everywhere shes allowed, and because I hope to show her one day and a well behaved animal will do better.

I'm really excited for babies again! I cant wait!

They will be anywhere between day olds and 4 weeks old by the time of the swap. I was leaning towards CPs as well, mainly because they look similar I guess, Lol. I'm not too worried about the grass. We got this grows so fast you'd think its on steroids grass as it is and I hate mowing, so couple pair of geese and viola! Problem solved! Lol

Cas has been around other geese before. She tolerates them but comes to me for reassurance. I guess this is why I chose to get the new ones as young as possible. She adores babies, even tried to sit on chicks at my friends farm! Lol! I'm hoping if she watches it grow, it wont be as overwhelming to her, but that raises a new question...

If her mate is raised with/by her, will she still accept it as a mate? Or, will she view it as her baby?

She loves all people now, not just me. I did this on purpose so she would be comfortable being touched or handled by anyone. Mostly because I take her everywhere shes allowed, and because I hope to show her one day and a well behaved animal will do better.

I'm really excited for babies again! I cant wait!

She will accept him as a mate! They mate with their true babies too.

here is my 5 day old saddleback Pomeranian gosling 95%chance female they told me I am picking up another one hopefully tomorrow I know she needs a mate I just couldn't pass her up that day can't wait to see what she grows up to be like she is a cry baby but when she lays on me she is all lovy dovey she will be getting a friend tomorrow so she isn't lonely anymore.

I hatched out 2 grays about 5 weeks ago, and 3 buff 10 days later. How long before I can tell the sex? I have hunches for the older 2, but the younger 3 I have no clue. I don't really want to vent sex if I can avoid it.

Back
Top Bottom