Pomeranian Goose Breed Thread

Pics
I just saw that my own phone number was goofed up above and fixed it. Also, got the Welp Hatchery Catalog in the mail the other day and it says they now offer both Buff and Grey Saddleback Pomeranian goslings: I can't vouch for quality at all, but for the general hobbyist they may do quite well.

T-County Ohio! I grew up in Carroll County, Carrollton, and lived in New Philadelphia for about 18 years prior to moving to Louisiana. My sister lives in Barnhill and if she ever drives down to visit, or I head up that direction I might be able to get a goose or two up that way!

I used to live In barnhill, but we move to outside gnadenhutten in the country,

Starting to think pens and babies... I also wish I had more time and energy to get MOFGA and other farming groups up here that have an interest 'heritage' seeds and genetic diversity saving to promote geese... sigh... winter and illness can really take a toll. How are all you folks doing with your pens and prep??

Today my very first goose laid her very first egg! It's been an exciting year. We got her as a 4 day old hatchling in April of 2014 and it's been so much fun to learn about keeping a goose. A few days ago she started doing some new behaviors, so of corse, I came to the goose forums. After watching a couple videos, I realized she's looking for a place to build a nest. Today, DH and I added three bales of straw to the goose coop. Then we went to a birthday party. Upon return, we found our first goose egg!

We are so in love with our girl. We hope to find a Pomeranian hatchling gander this spring. To learn more about Lady Goo Goo and the Quack and Fowl Palace look us up on Instagram, @chitigirl or #ilovemygoose, and currently dominating #pomeraniangoose. Come represent.

Today my very first goose laid her very first egg! It's been an exciting year. We got her as a 4 day old hatchling in April of 2014 and it's been so much fun to learn about keeping a goose. A few days ago she started doing some new behaviors, so of corse, I came to the goose forums. After watching a couple videos, I realized she's looking for a place to build a nest. Today, DH and I added three bales of straw to the goose coop. Then we went to a birthday party. Upon return, we found our first goose egg!

We are so in love with our girl. We hope to find a Pomeranian hatchling gander this spring. To learn more about Lady Goo Goo and the Quack and Fowl Palace look us up on Instagram, @chitigirl or #ilovemygoose, and currently dominating #pomeraniangoose. Come represent.
Congrats!!

Catjo new owner of 4 pomeranian geese, at least one female because we got an egg today!

Back
Top Bottom