Pond people...can you help me identify these plants?

Wifezilla

Positively Ducky
11 Years
Oct 2, 2008
Colorado
1002501.jpg

1002502.jpg

Is this watercress?
1002505.jpg

Small watercress or a different plant?
1002508.jpg

This one grows on shore as well as in the water

Sorry not much help here, I have a pond, but don't recognise the plants. Are they purchased from a store or wild? The first one kind of looks like cardinal lobelia, but very small. The "watercress" plant reminds me of something from an aquarium store. The last pix looks vaguely like primrose. But no bells going off here for sure. Good Luck

Imp- maybe try the easy garden site. There's an id this plant forum.

These are wild plants collected in Colorado pond at an elevation of 5,500'.

I think that IS a type primrose! Good call!

The leaves are very firm. It could be Primula veris (Cowslip) or Primula Elatior (Oxlip). I will watch to see what color flowers it produces (I walk near the pond I got it from often)

Oh Wifezilla - I surely don't know-
idunno.gif
but I have a cousin who could smoke a specimen of each one and tell you what each species was and what the ph in the pond is!!!
celebrate.gif
gig.gif

Wanted to add that I went to your website and saw the pics of your ducks!! Real Beauties!!

Last edited:
I already did a google search and came up with nothing.

Thanks for saying nice things about my spoiled rotten ducks. I can tell you that all of the plants show are quite tasty to ducks
tongue.png

Last edited:
I checked pond plant sellers and couldn't find matches. I am pretty good at google-fu, so I didn't post photos here until I came up empty.

That site you posted has an impressive list. I will see if I can work my way through the images.

I have no idea what they look like at other stages because I never paid attention to them before
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom