Pool ladder as roost bars?

Djgm

Songster
May 9, 2020
Northern NJ
I'm sure someone has made roost bars from a pool ladder....does anyone have any pictures of what they've done? Looking for some inspiration as I've gotten one for free and I'd like to set something up in the run for the girls. In my head, I'd like to run some 2x4's or 2x2's across the ladder steps, but I just can't think of a way to do it to prevent them pooping on anyone below lmao. Thanks!

If you were to put a poop board on each roost, then they could be on the steps without pooping on eachother. If you have the ladder on a very gentle incline, it's also less likely the poop on eachother. That's all I can help you with.

If you were to put a poop board on each roost, then they could be on the steps without pooping on eachother. If you have the ladder on a very gentle incline, it's also less likely the poop on eachother. That's all I can help you with.
It's a standard pool ladder for one of those temporary pools, so I can't control the incline unfortunately, but if I put the poop board under the steps, and the roost bar over the steps, maybe that can work....

Watch that the roosts are big enough and that they aren’t too close together! They’ll poop on each other otherwise. That would be my thoughts on the dangers of using a pool ladder.

A alternative simple idea for a roost is to get shelf holders and a 2x4 - we use this and it’s relatively cheap and easy to set up. Shelf holders come in a variety of sizes and are easy to install.

EF2E0E4E-4FC6-4EF1-9DDC-CC38FF61B2FD.jpeg

Watch that the roosts are big enough and that they aren’t too close together! They’ll poop on each other otherwise. That would be my thoughts on the dangers of using a pool ladder.

A alternative simple idea for a roost is to get shelf holders and a 2x4 - we use this and it’s relatively cheap and easy to set up. Shelf holders come in a variety of sizes and are easy to install.

View attachment 2432456
This is just for the run, for during the day if they choose to...Just trying to come up with more ideas so the run is just as comfy as their coop😉

Back
Top Bottom