pool shed

brierose3

Songster
7 Years
Jan 15, 2013
Central Coast, Australia
We are soon getting chickens and have decided to place them in our large shed. Except this is where the solar heating and pool pumps are located. They are constantly running for 4 hours at night and day. Will this noise effect the chickens in any way?? or will they get used to it?
Thanks

(sorry we are new to chickens)

Last edited:
Not sure how loud exactly they are, but this could be disturbing, especially at night. Chickens can be sensitive to noise and it may affect their well-being. At the very least think about sound-proofing. As far as getting used to it, hard to tell since you can't ask them, but in the end they don't have a choice, so you should make your best effort to house them appropriately.

As long as you are meeting their needs for space, security, fresh air, food and clean water I wouldnt think that some 'white noise' would hurt. Id be more wary of any heat exhaust from the pumps.

I wonder what they will do with a pool!

It's a large shed for 3 ex battery hens and 2 silkies. They will have access to a large run in the day and when we are there to supervise they will free range outside the run. So the pool pump during the day won't really be a problem I guess.

Back
Top Bottom