Poop Analysis, please!

@Wyorp Rock @007Sean
Thank you both for replying. I've attached pictures from just this morning showing the offending droppings, and the happy looking birds. I have had birds get ill in the past and I've seen the ruffled feathers and withdrawing to a corner and all that, but these birds are the opposite of that (at least so far!). If y'all think I should start erythromycin or something else, I'd appreciate any dosage guidance. I have 200mg packets.

They look happy to me as well.
You report they are active, eating/drinking, etc. I usually go by behavior, if they act normal, then very likely all is normal.

Personally, I would not start the antibiotic since you are not seeing any signs/symptoms of illness.
To me, the poop looks o.k., you are noticing them here and there.

I do believe Erythromycin could be used to treat various infections, but I don't have dosing information for it.

They look happy to me as well.
You report they are active, eating/drinking, etc. I usually go by behavior, if they act normal, then very likely all is normal.

Personally, I would not start the antibiotic since you are not seeing any signs/symptoms of illness.
To me, the poop looks o.k., you are noticing them here and there.

I do believe Erythromycin could be used to treat various infections, but I don't have dosing information for it.
Cool, thanks. I appreciate your taking the time to share your opinion. Now that the Corid's done I just sanitized the waterer and decided to put in a probiotic/vitamin, to help balance their tummies. I'm keeping everything as clean and dry as I can. They look like such happy birds! Hopefully the droppings continue to look better. I'll pray for the best and keep a close eye.

Back
Top Bottom