Poop board convert *warning-graphic/gross poop pictures*

I'm so excited to have found this thread (and spent hours reading it all!). We are ready to start designing the inside of our coop and I was debating all the options for a poop board, I think this will work well for us all. My girls are only a couple weeks from being ready for their new home so I was getting anxious to finally nail down an idea!

awesome can't wait to see pics
ya.gif

I can't begin to tell you how thankful I am for this thread!! 3 nights ago my BO, Gold Dust, was attacked by a raccoon or an oppossum and I had Sweet PDZ in the trunk to put in rabbit cage to make a nice comfortable place for her inside the house!!! The poop boards will wait for bit but Gold Dust has a soft clean coop to recoop in!!!! Thanks from the bottom of our hearts!!!!!

I can't begin to tell you how thankful I am for this thread!! 3 nights ago my BO, Gold Dust, was attacked by a raccoon or an oppossum and I had Sweet PDZ in the trunk to put in rabbit cage to make a nice comfortable place for her inside the house!!! The poop boards will wait for bit but Gold Dust has a soft clean coop to recoop in!!!! Thanks from the bottom of our hearts!!!!!
rant.gif
I really HATE raccoons!!! and oppossums!!!!
somad.gif

I hope Gold Dust recovers quickly!!!! She's a very lucky girl to have survived! She looks like she will pull through which is great. Do you have any Blue Kote? I would spray her rear with Blue Kote to help her heal and lessen any infection risk.

And good luck with your Sweet PDZ project...you will love it!

Trish

:rant  I really HATE raccoons!!! and oppossums!!!!   :mad:
I hope Gold Dust recovers quickly!!!! She's a very lucky girl to have survived! She looks like she will pull through which is great. Do you have any Blue Kote? I would spray her rear with Blue Kote to help her heal and lessen any infection risk.
And good luck with your Sweet PDZ project...you will love it!

Trish

Thanks Trish!
I have Blue Kote and Vetercyn Hydrogel. I am using the Vetercyn now to keep moist and wasn't sure if I needed to use both and how to manage application of both. Read on here that Blue Kote was good for using when they are back with others to color the redness so I knew it would be needed then. Poor girl will have no feathers on her bottom for a long while!
Already loving the PDZ for sure!!!
Have a great day!

I have a small coop 4 x 6 exterior but smaller interior bc of the way we built it. (My husband called it the divorce coop for a long time!) the floor is linoleum. Last summer I dumped about ten bags of sweet PDZ in there. I scoop daily, with the occasional skip (like freezing weather, long work days,etc). There is some poop on the walls and I'm not that thrilled with my current roost set up because some birds get pooped on.
I'm currently working on integrating my 8 week old chicks with my I year old flock. Do I have to totally redo the sweet PDZ when I finally get the newbies in the big coop?
There's still a lot left in there but it is somewhat dirty. I plan on mixing with sand next time to cut down on dust when I scoop.
Anyone else use just sweet PDZ on coop floor? If so, how often do you completely clean it out?
I've read you should deep clean your coop yearly? And when adding to your flock? Advice?
Should I post this elsewhere?

Well, I'm tried of scooping/sifting after 7 birds, mostly because of the humidity/flies we deal with in a open air coop, and I'm adding 20 or 30 chicks. So, I'm still using some PDZ and adding a roost hammock ( made with breathable outdoor fabric) with a little PDZ added, instead of a poop deck. that way I can just lift and dump dried manure once a week.Will be changing over the course of the spring/summer...or when DH has time.

Please post a pic of your poop hammock when you have made the change
smile.png

Will do. When I run across the pictures of the hammock we will be copying, I post that as well. We are not giving up on PDz just upgrading how we use it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom