Poop Experts: What’s Normal, and What’s Not?

ForestAlice

Songster
6 Years
Mar 10, 2016
US
Hey everyone. My sweet Duchess seems to be ill, so this has been a rough time for me. What she has doesn’t appear to be contagious- (it’s likely ovarian infection) but I still fear my two other girls, Mary and Biscuit, could be at risk of getting something. I just wanted to run some pictures by the poop experts here, just to see if they’re doing okay. I’d also like to refresh my knowledge all around, on things like deworming, using ACV and DE to protect my flock, and other things like when and how to use calcium and vitamin supplements, and how they might effect poop. I want to read up again on how to keep my girls safe and what to look out for.
So if anyone has any resources that could help me refresh on these topics, please feel free to send them my way.

This morning, these were Mary and Biscuit’s poops. Not sure who’s is whos, but they both look healthy to my knowledge.
1FE8D29E-A686-418D-98C7-AC46ED10BC32.jpeg
F1605E6E-2A67-4D68-B722-F0E5B3C14F68.jpeg

Next thing I know, I see this.
AB44AE9A-9CFF-42D8-A150-C9812B2FA914.jpeg
6D8BA774-D665-494F-BB74-894AB080A72C.jpeg

Watery poop usually means that they’re sucking down water when it’s hot out. But the white? I have no idea. And it’s not even hot yet today. I’m at a loss here...

Any input is greatly appreciated. And if any of you poop experts are also egg experts- please check out my thread about Duchess. We’re going to call a vet- but it never hurts to ask the community here. And if things don’t turn out well, as sad as it would be to think about losing one of my babies- we’ll all have a resource to further our learning and protect our beloved flocks. Thank you for your time.

Back
Top Bottom