Poop on patio problem

I relieved to hear of others with the same attitude toward their girls on the patio! My eye-rolling friends believe I have fallen under an evil spell for letting them mingle with us, stare into the house, and groom on the back step while watching us eat. Brooms, hoses, and careful footsteps keep things relatively ok. We are an odd lot, aren't we all?

Yep, the weird looks are common around here only because folks just don't understand that the simple life is more rewarding than they can imagine.... less stress and healthful food from the gardens seem so natural, that it is a no brainer for me! Keep the looks coming...too much fun.
lau.gif

bigzio

I told a friend the other day to meet me at my yaught (really my art studio), she looked confused untill I explained the name change, the art studio now has a "poop deck"
lau.gif

Misc269.jpg

I also love to have the girls cruise around the yard- we laugh at their hilarious antics but it can be disgusting to step in the fresh fertilizer deposited on the patio. I have a little shaker handy ( a former spice bottle with the little holes in the top) of food grade DE (diatemaceous earth) and cover the particularly wet ones with a layer. It helps dry it up so you can sweep it right off. The dry ones sweep off anyway. I just sweep them right into the planter- the plants seem to like it:)

We finally broke down and created a NCZ: No Chicken Zone. We fenced off 1/2 of the yard with rabbit fencing and an arbor. No more chickens on the patio, on the porch, in the kitchen, in the carport, on the table, etc.

Here's a pic of the fence.
Inarow.jpg

Of course, the NCZ is far more effective when we don't give in to the woeful eyes and prop open the gate so that they can venture into the NCZ and be with us.

Good idea I was thinking about something like that because of our pool. At least you can shut them out when you might be having guest over. Can a water barrier stain help maybe? At least make it easier? I like the DE idea too....We are smarter than everyone else cuz we have chickens!! LOL!!
wink.png

My girls love to hang about on the patio, they always leave the biggest poops! I don't worry about it but you can wash it away with your hose and it breaks down in a few days!

Its just poop....well except for those cecals. I shovel 2 or 3 times a day and hose at least once a week. I'm going to get a small pressure washer to speed things up a bit.

Now lets talk carpet cleaning
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom