Poop question (pic)

Sunnychick

In the Brooder
13 Years
Jan 17, 2007
Florida
I just went out to clean my chickens and found this on the perch. Could this be worms? I think it came from one of my young roosters. The red things in it are soft. I have nothing in my yard that is red or feed them anything red so I am really worried. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_0771.jpg

They are about 3 months old. I do have some Amprol liquid. Should I just go ahead and treat them all for Cocci? I think the last time I treated them was in June.

Do any of them appear to be not feeling well? Typically Cocci will present with lethargy. I would suggest if no one seems to be feeling ill to just watch them closely. It's really never a good idea to treat "just in case."

Quote:
I agree.

If acting normal otherwise, they probably ate something in the yard. Things can get in yards in the oddest ways, I mean, I had a flock of crows drop a whole corn dog in our drive nearly hitting the truck as they were fighting over it in the air. Treating "just in case" is a good way to make organisms resistant to the drugs, both the good and bad organisms.

Back
Top Bottom