Poor baby girl!! I need advice/explanation....

chimneyrock

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 21, 2011
I have 6 Guineas, 2 female 4 male they are approx. 15 weeks old. For about the last week I have notice that the smallest female gets chased out of the "keet" group, they don't let her eat or sleep with them. She hangs out with the chickens or by herself. She doesn't seem ill, she will eat if I sneak her food and kinda stand guard. She calls ALL THE TIME and they don't respond! Sometimes I see her with the "keet" group but not that often. What do you all think is going on? Is this normal?

I have 1 that is a loner too. They just don't like him. It is the only one that is a different color. They will let him in the coop after they are all in and up but not before. But they do let him roost with all of them. I guess that is the way they are. Good luck.

Thanks...I guess I worry too much!! LOL...she is the smallest and I worry she is not getting enough to eat. I'm sure she will be fine. We had some cloudy/rainy weather and they are acting SOOOO strange!!!

One other solution that has worked for me with low birds is to get another batch of younger Guineas that the low bird can bond with, sort of give it the Nanny role to slide into, then later when you integrate all of them together the low bird won't be the only target or have to take so much of the brunt of the aggression. Either that or just let her live with your chickens
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom