Poor kitties

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by NewHopePoultry, Aug 25, 2008.

1. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    A few weeks ago I notice a very skinny momma cat and a 2-3 month old kitten up at my aunts house.
    I asked her about them and she said they belong across the street but she has been feeding them.
    I went across the street and asked the owner about them. He said he feeds them. He said the momma cat used to be inside,but when they moved, they put her outside and now she wont stop having kittens.
    He said that he wants them,but she has some kittens that I could have when they found them.
    I said thanks and left.

Well yesterday at my aunts I seen a little orange kitten, no older then 4 weeks old walking around. I went outside and picked him up. He was covered in fleas and his belly was full of worms. I meowed around and found the other 3. All had fleas and a belly full of worms. The momma is skin and bones,but she is still trying to feed them, so I said thats it, picked them all up and took them home.
    The mom has been enjoying have food and water daily. Once the kittens are older, I'll have them treated for the worms and fleas.
    Theres 3 boys and 1 little girl. I'll get pictures soon.

Some people may see what I did as stealing,but I see it as saving.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2008
  2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    No doubt.......you saved them [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    ooh..thanks so much for saving them!!..they sound like my cat Giblet(got her on thanksgiving night) when we saved her ...just a tiny baby..so full of fleas and worms..she was anemic..and couldnt eat..she had so many worms!..[​IMG]..it gets me so mad,what people do to animals!...its the letting them suffer i cant take..it breaks my heart..Wendy

4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Oh my no......if it is stealing then I have been guilty of the same thing in the past. That is such a sad story and I am glad you got them.

5. EngieKisses

EngieKisses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2008
    Collinsville, Oklahoma
    I am so glad you saved them. Wish people were more mindful of their animals.

6. NewHopePoultry

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Thanks everyone [​IMG]

The kittens are starting to get used to people. They hiss abit when they first see me, but ince I start petting them,they are fine.
    The mamma cat is pretty nice,she likes to be petted,but she also likes to go off and do her own thing.

I cant stand it when people abuse or mistreat animals. It breaks my heart. My family/friends have started saying that my home is the halfway house for animals,lol. I'm always bringing animals home and finding them new homes.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2008
  7. happyhen

happyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Northeastern Ohio
    I'm glad you "stole" them from what sounds like a certain death.

It sounds like the "owner" won't even notice they're missing.

Good job! [​IMG]

8. NewHopePoultry

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    I doubt they will miss them. My aunt feeds the other cat and the kids she babysits love her too death, so Ithink she is fine there. I was afraid they would get hit by a car or something

9. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    If they didnt care enough to feed/take care of the cat, they probably wont even notice or worry much that she has disappeared. Better than letting her and the kittens die.

10. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Don't ya hate when people do that!

The guy doesn't want her to have babies--then fix her!

Poor little guys!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by