Poor kitties

See how things can just turn into a argument!! If you are going to post something negative, why post anything at all. Who gives a rat's butt if she broke the law. You don't know her and had nothing to do with the situation, so why worry about it. If the "proper authorities" think she did something wrong then they can handle it. "Not your Problem".

I live in a small town and the law's here states: If the animal is own your property and does not have any identifaction, then you have the right, as the property owner, to do with them what you choose.

With that being said, I believe those cat's/kittens belonged to your Aunt.

Kudo's to you for saving the life of those kittens and there mama. I would have done the same thing!!

Last edited:
I am still sticking by what I said earlier. What she did was NOT illegal. While most places do not require you have identification on you cat, that only protects you from being in trouble if the cat is wandering. It does NOT give you legal recourse if someone takes said wandering cat. As long as the cat was at her Aunt's house it was hers to take.

Trust me, there are places there is NOT ANY animal control. Where I live is one example. I was once trapped on my front porch by 4 HUGE dogs 2 great danes 2 great pyrenees. One was a female in heat, the others, males and fighting. I called the police. I was told to shoot them. These were identified dogs, have homes, I KNOW where they live. I was told that no one would come out for an animal and if I wanted rid of them (or any other animal in the neighborhood that entered my property) to just shoot it. So much for SSS.....we get to leave off the last two s's here. I didn't shoot them, but it told me a LOT about how wandering animals are treated in my area.

No animal control here either! SSS or call their owners to come get them. We usually call the owners but, then we haven't had any problem pets wandering around either.

I still say good job and the Momma and kittens were your Aunt's as she was feeding them. If she has no problem with you having them-GREAT!

Good Job!!!

It is so nice when people care and take action instead of shaking their heads and just talking about animal neglect in their neighbors.

I am also sorry you have gotten a little bit beaten up for your actions.

Cats dissappear ALL the time, this owner will probably assume something got his cats and get another one to starve.

I love kitten photos, don't wait to post them.

And here all this time I thought my cat owned me, not the other way around
wink.png

Let's get back on topic.

As for the legalities, when you post something like this, you are bound to get differing points of view on actions you take.

The oppsing opinions, when done in a non combative manner are fine.

I live in a rural tonw of a whole 2041 people.
There is no animal control and the cops dont do anthing. They tell if you if the animal is on your land,you can do what you want with it.

I went down to the vets office and got some stuff I can give them a bath in. So after bathtime I will take some pictures.

If I had the means I'd rescue cats like this too...

whos to say that mother cat wouldnt have died a few days later from malnutrition and being infested with parasites? With that being said, either way the cat and the kittens are gone.

Also for the fact the one feeding and caring for the cat becomes the owner....

this is why people actually get in trouble for taking in strays...because if someone reports seeing sickly aniamls on their property the law will come out and see and the people will say "they're not mine" and the law will say "do you feed them?" ..."yes i do they're starving!" "well, then they're yours".

Back
Top Bottom