Poor little Polish Chick out in the freezing rain all night.

ShaggysGirl

Songster
10 Years
May 24, 2009
Temperance, MI
Hope ya all had a great Thanksgiving.
Last night I went out to close up the coops and make sure all were in for the night. When I got to the small coop that houses six 11 weeks old Polish pullets one was missing. We got a flash light out and I could see no where were she could of gotten out of the run. We looked all over the yard and no sign of her. I thought someone stole her or let her out and a predator ate her
sad.png

This AM we looked all over again and no sign of her, then while sitting at the kitchen table drinking our coffee my DH suddenly pointed to the woods next to the yard and low and behold there was one of the roosters chasing something and it was her! So we grabbed our shoes and out we ran into the woods chasing them. Poor little thing soaked to the bone. There had been freezing rain over night, I don't know how she made it. I put her under the blow dryer fed her some poli-vi-sol and she seems to be doing ok. I put an extra red light in the small coop and put her in there and she went to the food right away and began to eat
smile.png
I have to be here at work today from 10 till 9. I'll get home about 10. i am praying she'll be ok.
We are keeping our fingers crossed for our little miracle baby to be ok .

Did you separate her from the others? You said that your rooster was chasing her back into the woods. That does not sound good. I'll pray she makes it.
hugs.gif

Quote:
Yep the polish are in a coop and run to themselves I don't know how she got out. The rooster Prince free ranges all day. I don't know if he was trying to hurt her or trying to get her back to the area the coops are.

I tell ya these birds are hardier than I had given them credit for. I am having a hard time telling the one that was out all night from the other one that is the same color.

Back
Top Bottom