Gave my little Bearded Silkie Pullet, Snowball a haircut.

EliseH

Songster
May 17, 2023
Her pompom was so big it was completely covering her eyes and she was missing out on all the treats. I did her haircut 2 feet from the chicken run. They all watched me do it. When I put her back in the run, my flock acted like she was a newcomers and started chasing her around. My Cream Legbar, Phyllis Diller has been the worst, chasing her around and up into the coop.
They're fine one minute and the next Phyllis is chasing her. Any advice?
Snowball looks beautiful now that I can see her eyes again.

Attachments

• 20230708_110009.jpg
    20230708_110009.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 86
Thank you! ❤️
I also added a new feeder which she had no idea was there. Glad she can see 👀 again.
The other night, I went out to lock the coop up for the night and my Silkies are always in the bottom of the coop run at night, snuggled up with my Golden Laced Wyandotte who is 6 weeks older than them but was in the brooding box with them. She has always acted like their Mom. They used to go under her wings when they were smaller. Anyhow, all were snuggled up in the coop run, except Snowball who was in the outer run against the side of the coop where the other Silkies were. I had to pick her up and put her in the coop run. No problems with her finding her way back in there since I trimmed around her eyes.

Thank you! ❤️
I also added a new feeder which she had no idea was there. Glad she can see 👀 again.
The other night, I went out to lock the coop up for the night and my Silkies are always in the bottom of the coop run at night, snuggled up with my Golden Laced Wyandotte who is 6 weeks older than them but was in the brooding box with them. She has always acted like their Mom. They used to go under her wings when they were smaller. Anyhow, all were snuggled up in the coop run, except Snowball who was in the outer run against the side of the coop where the other Silkies were. I had to pick her up and put her in the coop run. No problems with her finding her way back in there since I trimmed around her eyes.
Glad she is doing so well with her new 👁 👁! :)

Back
Top Bottom