Poor Mozart

WickedChicksNH

Crowing
Oct 2, 2017
New Hampshire
My little man Mozart is going though puberty
I have other cockerels, they don't pick on him or anything. But he prefers to be off by himself usually in the coop or the greenhouse
He is also a biter, when my hands get around him he latches on hard.
However I am not concerned about this because I went through it with my roo I used to have, he went through a trauma and my ducks would bully him
He was unsure of himself and skiddish

I worked with him and he became my sweet buddy

I trimmed Mozarts "hair" so he could see better and maybe not be so nervous, as he is bearded also so he was covered on fluff all around his face

So now every day I carry him out of the coop and just cuddle and sit with him outside and he loves it, he will sit with me and snuggle his head on my shoulder,
So for now I am working on him and I hope my poor boy decides to come out of the coop more.
When I put him back in the coop I seen there wasnt any water inside the coop
So I filled it and he was so thirsty which tells me he wasn't even going outside to get a drink

Best I can do right now. Hes not hurt or sick. Just lonely and little nervous right now
Hormones are tough

20190913_180934.jpg

My little man Mozart is going though puberty
I have other cockerels, they don't pick on him or anything. But he prefers to be off by himself usually in the coop or the greenhouse
He is also a biter, when my hands get around him he latches on hard.
However I am not concerned about this because I went through it with my roo I used to have, he went through a trauma and my ducks would bully him
He was unsure of himself and skiddish

I worked with him and he became my sweet buddy

I trimmed Mozarts "hair" so he could see better and maybe not be so nervous, as he is bearded also so he was covered on fluff all around his face

So now every day I carry him out of the coop and just cuddle and sit with him outside and he loves it, he will sit with me and snuggle his head on my shoulder,
So for now I am working on him and I hope my poor boy decides to come out of the coop more.
When I put him back in the coop I seen there wasnt any water inside the coop
So I filled it and he was so thirsty which tells me he wasn't even going outside to get a drink

Best I can do right now. Hes not hurt or sick. Just lonely and little nervous right now
Hormones are tough

View attachment 1907088
Take good care of your boy. He'll get through it! Thanks for sharing this, especially mentioning that he's a biter and that you're not too worried over his behavior right now. Too many cockerels and young roos get a bad reputation or worse over a few hormones.

Your boy looks good, by the way!

Take good care of your boy. He'll get through it! Thanks for sharing this, especially mentioning that he's a biter and that you're not too worried over his behavior right now. Too many cockerels and young roos get a bad reputation or worse over a few hormones.

Your boy looks good, by the way!

Thank you
I know he isn't biting me because he is being mean, I know it could be a mixture of a few things, hormones, nervousness, being unsure of whats around him.
He will go after my feet sometimes, just peck at my shoes, I just let him and don't move so he knows it's no threat, and he stops after a few pecks.

I had a bantam D'uccle roo that was just an outright jerk so I know when a roo is just beyond help. (I hope LOL)

Back
Top Bottom