Poor Vana White!!!!!!! Please help her!!!!!

AMSpsg18

Songster
11 Years
Jan 13, 2009
Somersworth NH
My chicken miss Vana White is acting funky. She is a little over a year now and a mixed breed gal. She just recently molted and is now almost acting like she had a stroke or some kind of head truama (walking around really slow and not as fearful of me) she is all fluffed up and her comb is a dark brown redish color. She is sleeping in the nesting boxes and is not as fast as she used to be. I caught her for the first time in over a year and she does have a single egg in there but her tail is raised and she even shakes it from time to time. I have no idea what is going on but she's eatting great and still struts around during the day. I don't have a clue whats up with her. Please help!

That sounds like symptoms of a lack of oxygen... it could be a respiratory illness or heart failure... that's a tough one. Is she wheezing or coughing any at all??

weird, mine started doing this very thing this weekend

She eats good
she drinks good
her color is good
her eyes are bright
crop is full

she is wild, but i can actually walk up to her now
she does not go to roost
i think she has gone through a slight molt recently.

but she is just acting funky-- like you said.

everything seems healthly and correct except for the way she is acting.

I kept her in a crate for two nights, because she will not go to roost. last night i soaked her in a warm bath.

nothing seems to change her mood.

the only thing mine does not do is puff out.

sometimes they act like that before they go broody. or you may just be seeing her when she is off her nest for a break.

Back
Top Bottom