Poorly colored bar rock??

I’m not displeased with their coloring. I paid $0.25 each out of the straight run bin. 8/8 were pullets (I was wanting one or two cockerels.... it’s probably why I had straight pullets).
For two bucks I’m extremely happy with my odd ones.
That’s a good price. And of course, 8/8 are pullets when you’re wanting cockerels, and 8/8 are cockerels when you want pullets :rolleyes:

Are you saying it’s wrong for me to criticize a feed store purchase when my hatchery purchase was not 100% either? i Guess that makes sense. Sorry 😂

it could have happened to anyone. Happens in humans to. It’s not the hatcheries fault since they didn’t know it would happen, the rest of my birds have been very healthy

Are you saying it’s wrong for me to criticize a feed store purchase when my hatchery purchase was not 100% either? i Guess that makes sense. Sorry 😂
All I’m saying is I don’t believe I was complaining about poor coloration from quarter apiece straight run chicks.
Right now, I like the coloring well enough to attempt to duplicate it.
Almost ‘buy a BR cockerel and a few BO pullets’ ready.
They are unique.

All I’m saying is I don’t believe I was complaining about poor coloration from quarter apiece straight run chicks.
They are unique.
I hadn’t read through all the way. Obviously quarter a piece chickens are not meant for showing, nor were they bred to have great barring. I agree, their coloring is unique. I didn’t read through enough to recognize your post was not a complaint., before I posted.

They are unique.
I love the coloring as well. Another pic:
IMG_7608.JPG

11 or 12 I can’t remember. For Bruce it was 🍗 but for 9 hens it was 🐺 or a predator that my camera didn’t pick up because it was knocked over (very suspiciously) 5 minutes before the attack. 3 BRs lived, and 1 of those had some strange genetic thing pop up this summer. I euthanized her. That’s alright though because I still have two 😅
Ok, I was very concerned because I've only seen the two lol

Back
Top Bottom