Porcelain d-Uccles Young Breeding Pair - Maryland - 4H

MROO

Enabler
6 Years
Feb 26, 2018
The North-Eastern Corner of Maryland
Hello All,
I have a great 4H project for some chicken-minded youngster. Fella and FeatherFoot are porcelain d'uccles, hatched around Easter of 2018, so they're barely a year old. They are hand-raised, friendly and both took ribbons at the Cecil County Fair, last year. They're super-sweet, talkative little birds - they'll warble a conversation with you!
The original intention was to breed this pair (she lays 3-5 eggs a week,) but DD has college plans, now ... so we're downsizing. I really hate to let these two go, as they're absolutely gorgeous birds (IMHO, anyway!) Pictures do not do their plumage justice. The gray is dove-colored and the off white is a creamy beige. Fella's hackles and saddles have a golden undertone to them and when he's not allowed access to a chipped run, his foot plates are so big that he walks like he's wearing snowshoes!
The first 5 pics were taken last week. The last one is of the pair last fall. Check out Fella's foot feathers!

Please share the pics with anyone you think may be interested in taking on this really nice pair. We're in the north-eastern corner of MD. To the right buyer (price negotiable, to support a youngster's 4H habit!) I'm willing to drive a bit.

I wish I had seen this before I had two batches of porcelains shipped from two breeders in hopes of getting a nice pair!!!!
I wish you had, too! This is a really nice pair of birds. They've got lots of friendly personality, too ... so if you know anyone else who might be interested, feel free to share. Who knows? Someone may see your new birds and get a bad case of Chicken Math Envy ... and you'll know just where to send them!

Funny story... out of all the porcelain I’ve gotten... it appears I STILL have ZERO cockerel
Unless they are REALLY slow maturing
Wow! That would be amazing! Post some pics and their ages on the "What breed or Gender" Forum and I'll bet you'll figure it out pretty quickly, as long as they're old enough. And if you end up with all pullets in that entire hatch/order ... would you please buy my next lottery ticket? :D

Back
Top Bottom