Porcelain Pyncheon PICS

Hi Jody!
They are adorable! What are they like personality-wise?
smile.png

Lisa

They sure are an "antique" breed. They are really sweet. The roos love to crow (a squeaky crow..lol) and they can fly really well. The hens lay small cream-tan colored eggs and are good broodies. So far they have proven to be very winter hardy and quite vigorous.

Lisa, these guys are really mellow, but like to fly when given the opportunity. They are very affectionate towards each other too. No aggression towards people, but they do stand their ground against large fowl.

Jody

Jody ~ are they about the size of an OEGB?

Yours look to have better crests than the ones on Feathersite. Is the Porcelain pattern one that is newer/being worked on?

Lord knows I don't need another breed, but I do enjoy learning about them.

I'm not sure how big an OEGB is?? The little pullet on the left fits in my hand (without her tail, her body fills the palm of my hand). The other one is a mature hen and the roo is over a year old as well, so they are bigger, but not much. They are pretty tiny.

The standard calls for males to be 22-24 oz and the females 20-22 oz.

These do have better crests than the ones pictured. Most do have small crests (they're actually called "tassels" on pyncheon), but I like the fuller tassel.

I only know of about 4 total breeders working on the millie pycheon and maybe 2 others working on the porcelain. I could be wrong, but those are ones that are somewhat vocal about them. And they all seem to be located in the northeast. Hopefully if others have them, they'll speak up so we can share stock and diversify the bloodlines more.

Jody

Thanks Cindy!

They all settled in comfortably for bed tonight. They were pretty scared to move around much today, so I'm hoping to see them back to their busy selves tomorrow.

flyingmonkeypoop - that is correct, they should have red earlobes. Like I said, we are working on them and as with most breeds, they're a work in progress. I think they are coming along nicely and have some fine tuning still needed. The earlobes are not a major concern right now. All of the breeders are working on various aspects of the breed, including leg color, size, pattern and type. With very limited quantities to choose from, it is a slow process.

crtrlovr - thanks! I think we're really going to enjoy having them and working to improve them.

Jody

Back
Top Bottom