Porcelain Pyncheon PICS

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hinkjc, Oct 19, 2008.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I am so excited I got to go pick up our porcelain pyncheons today and bring them home. [​IMG] Our partner has been working on pyncheons for several years now and decided he only wants to focus on the mille fleur pattern, so we decided to continue the work on the porcelains. I hope you enjoy the pics. I just love their crested heads..so cute!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jody

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] LOVE THEM - the crest looks amazing on that roo - really pretty, like an extension of the comb!

3. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    Can you tell us a little about this bird?

4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Drool...

5. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

is this a well established breed, or a new cross that yall are working on? I've never heard of this breed.

6. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Wow ~ never heard of them. They kind of resemble a hen that my friend tried to give me. It was some mix of a standard and a polish, though so had that funky crest. hehe I never knew there was a breed that actually looked like that. (Hers was definitely a mix, though.)

For anyone else that knows nothing about this breed (like me! [​IMG] )
    http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Pyn/BRKPynch.html

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  7. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Can you tell us a little about this bird?

I'm not sure what you're interested in knowing about them. They are a very rare bantam breed. There is very little information on them, but feathersite does have a page about them and shows the mille colored ones. http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Pyn/BRKPynch.html

We
    are revamping our pyncheon page on our web site, but will have it back up soon.

Jody​

8. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Thanks Wildsky! That roos crest is still filling in...he is adorable.

Poulets - it is an established breed, but not many folks working on them. We'd like to see that change.

asher - a lot of folks have never heard of them. It would be great to see more people building this breed up.

Jody

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I am in love with that color, Jody. And the Pyncheon looks a bit like some of the Silkie crosses that myself and others have. I did look the breed up on Feathersite when you first got them.

10. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

I just read about them on Feathersite! They are an "antique" breed aren't they!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by