Portable airport "full body" scanners driving around neighborhoods??

Quote:
Yes, but knowing the Feds, they're likely to pull you for something stupid they've detected. What if you're driving home from a science experiment and you happen to have a few of the "target" substances? BOOM. You're pulled. I know that a lot of experiments involve substances similar to those in a bomb. Besides that, who knows what potential uses they could find for it? Have you not noticed that the power-hungry creeps we've had in office for the last century and a half tend to abuse any new power given them?

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. That's not a warning, that's a PROMISE.

It seems to be the world we live in now. Somehow we have not been hit again since 9-11. It's not because we spent billions of dollars and thousands of lives in Iraq. It has to have something to do with the FBI sticking their nose in everyone's business. I don't like it a bit, but if a small nuke gets smuggled in and there are plenty floating around since the USSR collapsed. This country will really change and not for the better.

Using something like that to scan trucks at the border is no different than scanning bags in the airport... no different than going through customs before you're allowed to enter the country.

It is a completely different thing altogether to be scanning people in the PRIVACY of their own home. There is a reason warrants are required, so that honest citizens need not fear that the SERVANT government will use the power granted them to do harm.

I'm all for border security, and this is a good way to spot those that are no better than slavers, but I will not voice support for anything that violates my home with NO reason, no evidence and is a threat... as others have said For Years, X-rays are NOT good for you. Even small doses are not recommended unless NECESSARY. Scanning every home in the country trying to find a reason to harass citizens is NOT necessary, and in fact is a (another) blatant violation of our Constitutional Rights.

Quote:
Actually, I think it's more because Al Qaeda is rather busy in the Middle East. Even terror organizations have limited resources.

If you want my opinion, I think the longer we have soldiers all across Muslim "holy lands," the radical fringe will incessantly attempt to convince us to leave through terror strikes and the like. After all, there were no major Islamic terror attacks on the US before we decided to plant bases all over the world, including the MidEast. I'm not saying they're right, but there is a solution that doesn't involve billions of dollars, thousands of deaths, and utter abandonment of this country's founding values.

I always like to ask, What would Jefferson say?

Who said anything about scanning people in the PRIVACY of their own homes? Or being able, with that particular technology, to narrow it down to some specific 'substance'? What else would these 'substances' be used for other than explosives and poisons and other terrorist stuff?

They're looking at trucks, warehouses, and perhaps some homes they suspect based on other surveillance. You like terrorists, or not like terrorists. This is a good tool.

You see, if you want to stop terrorists, you need technology. Plus the citizens of the country ARE going to be inconvenienced if you want to find terrorists. It's a sacrifice people just have to make.

Am I saying the Feds be given carte blanche to completely trample all personal rights? No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying catching terrorists is difficult because of how they operate. In ordinary places, where they are more difficult to find.

Last edited:
Quote:
thumbsup.gif
You are my hero. It's one thing to scan for bombs at airports and borders. Don't have vans roaming around violating our God-given rights! There's a Revolution on the way. I don't know when it will be or what will start it, but it's a-comin'.

Quote:
Illegal surveillance. These substances are chemicals that can compose bombs - in other words, anything remotely combustible. This thing scans for hydrogen, which happens to be the most common element in the UNIVERSE. Other substances it searches for are common enough among science geeks. And as I said, the Powers That Be always - get that, ALWAYS - abuse any power granted to them.

The All-Seeing Eye of government grows larger. Now with X-ray vision!

Well I'm sure that like most stories some of the facts are missing. They probably require some kind of a warrant or after the fact warrant like they had during the Bush era and Obama continued. Remember some phone company got in a bunch of trouble for releasing thousands of records to Homeland Security without a warrant. When it comes to the gov they do a lot of stuff and worry about the consequences later. They could have a source that says Joe the Plumber is making pipe bombs in Tim Mcveigh's garage but they only know the neighborhood and not the house. Seriously I doubt that they just drive up and down streets scanning houses at random. Just doesn't make any sense if you really think about it. Lot of houses in the USA.

They might be looking for illegal chickens.

Don't have vans roaming around violating our God-given rights!

If they are God given rights then why doesn't everyone in the world have the same rights? Can't we just stick to our Constitutional rights? Some people don't believe in God but still feel they should have their Constitutional rights.

I don't think you'll see a revolution. The wealthy have the gov firmly in their pockets. The gov has the military and they have much bigger guns than the general population. i don't want to live under marshal law.

Back
Top Bottom