Portland, OR

rkapfen

Songster
Feb 22, 2018
Bay Area, CA
Hey everyone! So I am relocating to an area around Portland, OR. Still looking for a house so I’m open to any are easily commutable to portland for work. The issue I’m running into is a have a serama rooster that I am very attached too but pretty much everyone I’m seeing doesn’t allow roosters. I can’t bring myself to rehome him... does anyone know of any areas that allow roosters? I was also considering a rooster collar to help quiet him so I can have him somewhere they’re not allowed. I would appreciate any advice thanks!

Can you locate outside of city limits? Your chances for roosters would be better.
We are planning to relocate to OR too. Portland only allows 3 hens, and from what I've read, Vancouver, WA allows 5 or 6, no roosters. Washington county in OR (Beaverton-Hillsboro area) allows 3, but I saw more than one house that has many more. I met a man who sells eggs and says he has 40 chickens, outside of Oregon City. We are now looking exclusively in rural areas, in several counties.

Can you locate outside of city limits? Your chances for roosters would be better.
We are planning to relocate to OR too. Portland only allows 3 hens, and from what I've read, Vancouver, WA allows 5 or 6, no roosters. Washington county in OR (Beaverton-Hillsboro area) allows 3, but I saw more than one house that has many more. I met a man who sells eggs and says he has 40 chickens, outside of Oregon City. We are now looking exclusively in rural areas, in several counties.
We were also planning to move to Oregon city or Milwaukie area but it still seems like if you don’t live on a farm or huge patch of land they still won’t allow roosters..

Back
Top Bottom